• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic CC - switch from library grid view to developing view fails

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the update to lightroom classic CC (from lightroom CC)  I do have the problem that the switch from the library grid view or single picture view to the developing view or model fails (dark main screen but active editing sliders) . It seems that all editing sliders are active and translate the changes into the picture.  I can see the changes in the filmstrip at the button,  but the main screen is dark and doens't show the picture.

Does someone have an idea or proposal how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Helmut

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to deactivate the GPU?

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

If it does not help we need to know whether you are on Mac or Windows.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I deactivated the GPU, which seems to work. A few tries doesn't show any problem. I also updated my graphic card driver with the lates AMD update. After turning on the GPU again the same problem reoccurs .

I'm working on a Window computer (Version 8.1, 64bit).

Any other thoughts what I can do?

Thanks!

Helmut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not using a high resolution display (4k or higher) there probably is no advantage to use the GPU acceleration - Simply leave it off.

If you're using a 4k or higher display, we need to know the type of your graphic card to be able to eventually help.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using a high resolution display. I'm using an EIZO CS2730,  27', IPS Panel, resolution 2560×1440 Pixel.

I don't think leaving the GPU off would be a good solution. I very much have the impression that the new software version (classic CC) doesn't work as stabile as the former CC version does. I never had any problem with the CC version, now I do have the above discribed problems and in addition to that some more failures. It is absolutely unsatisfying!

Would it be possible to go back to the former version without loosing any data etc. and if so how could I recover the former CC version?

My systems specs are the following and I don't think that these are the cause of the problems:

• processor: i7 CPU 3,6GHz
  • main memory: 16 GB RAM
  • graphic card: AMD 7750 Silent GDDR5
  • 256 GB Dual SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or would it be possibel to deinstall LR Classic CC and reinstall it? Just in case there was a bug at the first installation. Would you recommend that and what has to be considered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, with your HD 7750 I strongly believe that with the i7 @ 3.6GHz and your resolution you will have equal or even better performance when GPU acceleration is turned off. I did not check but also think that the HD 7750 is not really fully supported from LR.

You can always remove and reinstall any version of Lightroom. You data isn't touched. sometimes this really fixes issues.

You can always install the old version. However, be aware that you can not open the upgraded catalog from Classic (7) with  CC 2015 (6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines