• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC won't render photos in library view

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Lightroom Classic CC, my photos won't show up in the interface of the library tab. But if I hover over where the photos should be, the preview image in the top left corner changes accordingly. So, my photos "are there" but they simply won't show up. I face the same problem in the import view. If I switch over to "Develop", I can see the single photo as well. Does anybody else faces a similar problem or has a solution?

Here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/pHLDy

Lightroom.PNG

I run Lightroom on a HP Probook 4540s with a AMD 7650M graphic card. I've already installed the newest driver available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

This problem has been resolved by a workaround provided by Adobe.

I followed these instructions:

Could you please try the following and report back if it solves the issue.

==

Try this workaround to see if it works for you. If not, delete the config.lua file afterwards.

1. Choose Edit > Preferences.
  2. In the Preferences dialog, go the Presets tab.
  3. In the Presets tab, click the Show Lightroom Presets Folder button. The root preset folder opens in the File Explorer.
  4. In the File Explorer, navigate into the Ligh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thank you for your answer. How can it be that i cant use a new Lightroom version? I have a  new powerfull Lenovo laptop, a new Fujifilm X-H1 camera, but still i have to use an old Lightroom version.

I cant see my pictures in Gridmode on the newest vers. and i cant open RAF files in the older version.. Do you have any idea what the problem is and is it something that Adobe will solve along the way?

Many hopefull photogreetings greetings from Ove Jørgensen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Lightroom on an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop with an AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series graphics card. OS is Windows 10.  I have tried the suggested Adobe workaround as originally proposed (adding config.lua to the Lightroom folder (User\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom)), and, when that didn’t work,  adding it to \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Classic Lightroom CC.  That didn’t work either.  Same problems as others: no picture in the central Lightroom screen in Library mode, no filmstrip at the bottom.  Moving the cursor across the blank central area, the small navigator picture (upper left), the histogram, the picture information on the side, all change based on the location of the cursor (as it moves from hidden picture to the next one).  Sometimes multiple layered screens appear. The System Info dialog shows the config.lua flags entry as indicated (i.e., AgView.disableDirct2D = true).

I can get the missing pictures and the filmstrip to appear by disabling the AMD Radeon Display Adapter and restarting Lightroom Classic CC.  However, the absence of the Display Adapter causes other distortions, particularly on reboot of the computer if I have not re-enabled the AMD Display Adapter before closing down.  This is a poor substitute for a working program.

So there are still many of us paying for a program that is supposed to be top of the line, but getting a crippled, unacceptably functioning version, for which there is very little support.  It would be nice if Adobe would fix this problem for the rest of us and restore the rather damaged image of the company we are left with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled my graphics card and restarted Lightroom and that worked for me.  I tried downloading the lua file and there was no difference whether it was there in the Lightroom folder or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe isn't ignoring this problem because the original post was marked "Answered" in green.  Perhaps jojosch93's problem was fixed but there are still a lot of us out there for whom the lua fix didn't work. Disabling you graphics adapter or going back to Lightroom 2015 isn't an answer.  How about some attention to this problem Adobe?  Even acknowledging that you've heard us would seem a minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  My issue was that during the update the catalog in which my photos were store did not get selected.  My fix - go to Edit/Preferences/General.  Under default catalog click the dropdown arrow and select the catalog.  This fixed the issue.  Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window_10

- already try put config.lua

it shows in system infor:

Config.lua flags:
AgView.disableDirect2D = true

- already uncheck 'use grapgucs processor' box in preferences_perfomance tab

the develop tab still doesnt anything

need some new advice. thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines