• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic does not update modified files

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have made some modifications to some Lightroom files but the old version appears and not the modified one.
If I right-click "show in explorer" the modified file appears but it does not read well in Lightroom where the old version of the file appears.

version de lightroom 13.3.1 Camera Raw 16.3.1 

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

I have made some modifications to some Lightroom files but the old version appears and not the modified one.

Old version appears where? Where are you looking when you see the old version? Are you looking in LrC, or some other program, or Windows Explorer, or something else?

If I right-click "show in explorer" the modified file appears but it does not read well in Lightroom where the old version of the file appears.

This requires more explanation. Did you export the file? Are you looking at the e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 'modification' are you talking about and how did you do that? Lightroom does not modify the original file, but saves all its edits as a kind of 'to do list' in the catalog, so apparently you modified these files using another app? Lightroom won't see those modifications if they are metadata, for example. You would have to use 'Read metadata from files' to make Lightroom see them, but that will whipe out all Lightroom edits and added metadata...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In reality it was not a modification but rather I saved a Photoshop file with the same name, stepping on the original.

solves it by deleting the files from lightroom and importing them by adding the modified files from the explorer to lightroom

Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made some modifications to some Lightroom files but the old version appears and not the modified one.

Old version appears where? Where are you looking when you see the old version? Are you looking in LrC, or some other program, or Windows Explorer, or something else?

This requires more explanation. Did you export the file? Are you looking at the exported file? If you did not export the file, then what you said is impossible, LrC does not modify the image part of the original version of the file, and so Explorer cannot show you the modified file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines