• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Exporting Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange one.  After editing a raw photo in LR, I exported it as a jpg to a particular folder within a sub folder that I called “edited”.  I then import the edited folder back into LR.  The folder, however, does not show up.  Instead, I find the photo in a completely different folder - one that I had last imported raw captures from my camera to.  Not only that, the photo has been given a name associated with that other folder......the name I assigned to the photos imported but with a unique number.   BTW, all my photos are kept on an external hard drive - this one is a new G- technology 6 TB drive.  Now, when I go into my computer “documents” and look at the hard drive, the “edited” folder is there in the right place with the photo.  Lightroom does not see it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have accidentally imported using COPY or MOVE instead of ADD. Probably COPY since you say you find the folder where it is supposed to be in your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like DJ Paige said, you must have imported using the COPY option ! You can try reimporting and making sure that you select ADD so the photo file does not move. That way your "edited" folder will be imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing a raw photo in LR, I exported it as a jpg to a particular folder within a sub folder that I called “edited”.  I then import the edited folder back into LR.

And this can be done automatically by Lightroom by the options in the Export dialog-

ScreenShot308.jpg

Or change the [Export To: ] option for the folder you want-

ScreenShot309.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines