• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic failing to create panorama

Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a few discussions (sort of) from months ago about problems with panoramas in Lightroom, but most were about low res output.  Now using the current Lightroom Classic and it STILL appears to have problems at LEAST half the time, creating a panorama...

Alienware 17R3, normal laptop, 16GB of memory, O/S and LR catalogs on m.2 SSD.  IMAGES on a Samsung 840 SSD.  EVERYBODY is on an SSD.

Took a series of basic images from a Nikon D810, 5 sets of 3 shot images, and processed them as HDR.  Then took the five OUTPUT images and told Lightroom to make a panorama.  Absolutely nothing strange, weird, abnormal.  Just basic images getting stuck together.

Got THIS:  "Unable to merge the photos.  Please cancel and review your selection."

Tried AGAIN using something OTHER THAN Lightroom to do the HDR, so I had .tif files instead of .dng files.

Same EXACT, totally useless error message.  Nothing about WHY it puked, nothing about what to do to MAKE it work, just "Tough luck, can't do it"...  What, exactly am I supposed to be "reviewing my selection" for?

Took EITHER set of 5 images, dumped into Photoshop as layers, and Photoshop generated the panorama WITH NO PROBLEM...

This isn't the first time I've seen this - it happens regularly.

Anyone have a solution for this Lightroom problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

The preview panorama works fine but I get the "creating Panorama" message top-left and it just sits at 0% complete for hours and hours until I cancel. Have tried turning off hardware acceleration, etc.

These are different symptoms from DavePinMinn's, and many people have been struck by stalled merges. Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue and configuration to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic: Merge to HDR and Panorama doesn't work | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning,

I get a similar problem. Latest version of Lightroom Classic and similar set-up. My files are Canon RAW. I can create a panorama in Photoshop but I prefer to have it as a LR Panorama and RAW file.

The preview panorama works fine but I get the "creating Panorama" message top-left and it just sits at 0% complete for hours and hours until I cancel. Have tried turning off hardware acceleration, etc.

Back to Photoshop for Panoramas, I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are different symptoms from DavePinMinn's, and many people have been struck by stalled merges. Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue and configuration to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic: Merge to HDR and Panorama doesn't work | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  This will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and adding your details will also let you be notified whenever the status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just upgraded to Lightroom clasic CC (to go with my latest iMac)when I do a panno stitch it shows the pre-view and then it pops up the following message "

Unable to merge the photos.

Failed to import the final merged result from /Volumes/Photography/Photography/Photos 2019/perth foreshoe day2night/0I8A4507-Pano.dng."

does any one have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am having your same error while creating panoramas. Did you manage to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines