• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom Classic Generative AI Remove Tool Not Saving Edits or Reverting After Finishing a Photo

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

IĀ“m currently having issues with my Lightroom Classic.

IĀ“m using the generative AI to edit out backgrounds and other details in my wedding photographs. However, when I use the develop tab, and edit several hundreds of pictures at a time, I sometimes go back to a picture to check it out. Turns out a lot of my edits are not being saved for some reason. IĀ“ve seen this happen when going back to pictures or when trying to export them through the Pic-Time plugin to save them in a gallery at Pictime. 

The generative AI keeps asking me to update the changes made, but why is it just not saving what it already did?? "Some Remove settings need to be updated" keeps showing up in many of the pictures I did and the experience is just not consistent throughout all the editing. IĀ“m wondering maybe i have some kind of setting not set up properly but this is annoying and I need to rework many pictures. 

Another thing IĀ“ve noticed is if I export them 1 by 1 the settings tend to save, but when IĀ“m doing hundreds of pictures, or export them several at a time, the edits are not saved and the "Remove Settings needing to be updated" shows up again.

Any help is appreciated!  IĀ“m using a MacBookPro 2.6 i7 amd radeon pro 5300M 16gb mhz ddr4 sonoma14.5

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2024-06-21 a la(s) 9.40.57ā€Æa.m..png

ā€ƒAs you can see here, I updated 7 (SEVEN!!) times, I just wanted to remove a waiter that was in the background. While seeing the picture, I could see the waiter removed every single time, but the changes would not save. Is there some kind of setting I need to check to make sure those changes are saved properly? I would imagine not, since if theyĀ“re being shown in the history, it means that the changes ARE occurring and are being registered properly within the application and system and into the picture. Any ideas on how to fix this?  

Also, when editing pictures and using the app, some pictures may show signs of being Ā“corruptedĀ“, like light streaks of cyan, yellow, red, white. If I close and reopen the application, the picture where i saw this is completely fine again. ItĀ“s weird, IĀ“m wondering if IĀ“m doing something wrong within the app. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI masks (and I assume also AI remove) is saved in 'Catalogname.lrcat-data', an extra file next to the catalog file. We have seen reports where AI masks could not be saved because 'Catalogname.lrcat-data' was locked for some unknown reason. There is a long thread in this forum about this problem. Perhaps this is the same issue. What you could try is remove 'Catalogname.lrcat-data' from the catalog folder, so Lightroom will rebuild it. It does mean you will have to update the Remove Settings once again, but hopefully then this will 'stick'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are attempting this in batch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am not editing things out in batch, no. I check and edit every single picture out individually, including removing people several times for similar pictures like the one shown in my second comment! However, I am exporting into Pic-Time in batch, if thatĀ“s what you meant.  Hope this helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
8 hours ago 8 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running into the same issue. We used the AI removal tool to remove a whole bunch of tapes in the background with 2 days worth of shots. After moving the catalogue files and exporting them, all the remove settings need to be updated, and there is no way to update all. The update AI function in Library mode only updates the masks, but not removals... so I'm painfully cliking them one by one this moment, and gonna be here for hours until Adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines