Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic gets uninstalled on its own

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I install Lightroom classic on my laptop and it's working fine, I can work with it as usual. But after few days when I am going to open it again I discover it's uninstalled. And have no idea why. This happened already like 5 times and I am tired of always downloading it again. 

Appreciate any advice, thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can not and does not happen all on its own. Something or someone is making it go missing.

More than likely it is a hardware problem or could be a virus.

Have you Searched you hard drive for Lightroom.exe?

And please describe exactly what happens. Does just the LrC icon disappear from your desktop? Is the Program listing gone from the Start Menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't keep icon on my desktop so I don't see if it's go missing. I just open creative cloud and instead of "open" I have install. But I can see I have all the settings and catalog saved on the computer. Just the app gets uninnstalled. I just don't understand why there is no warning if it's a hardware issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion using the CC Desktop app to start programs is a Bad idea, and letting the CC Desktop, or any Program/App that isn't really needed, Start with the system is a bad idea.

Have you search your drive for Lightroom.exe or even Looked on the Strat menu for the link/shortcut named Adobe Lightroom Classic?????

Could be the CC Desktop is just Wrong about what is and isn't installed on your system.

2020-08-12 06_18_13-D__Program Files_Adobe_Adobe Lightroom Classic.png

Until you search your drive for the Actual Program Folder and the Lr.exe file in the program folder you have NO idea whether or not the program has gone missing or the CC DTA is just playing with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the search and yeah it is gone from the system. No tricks from CC app 🙂 will try to install it again, let the icon on the desktop and close the CC app and will see if it will uninstall again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, So The lightroom is gone again. Adobe CC was not running, I had the icon on my desktop. Yesterday I noticed it's gone and can't find the lightroom in the system. I really don't know what to do now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom won't uninstall itself. Anything must be happened on you system.

Please check the system logs. In Windows this can be done with the event viewer.

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-i...

Possible that there you'll find any information about the deinstall of LR.

I can't say how this could be done on a Mac. I don't have experiences with Macs

You should also give us more informations about your environement.

Which operating system in which version do you use?

Which version of Adobe's software do you use?

What protection programs (virus scanner etc.) do you have running.

Do you have running any automatic system optimizer programs?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some type opf COMPUTER and or HARDWARE problem.

This does NOT happen by itself. More than likely you have a virus on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Post your problem over at the official Adobe Feedback site. Actual Adobe Techs interact at that web site. Include everything you have provided above, include your system information.

Please post in this community site, in your current discussion, a link to your new posting

site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. You probably need to contact actual Adobe support. Start a Chat, and insist on a phone call, they will probably want to remote in.

A chat is tyically started from an Adobe web page, or an Adobe App. Hopefully in your language. For example, at Adobe.com, bottom right corner, an icon looking like several dots in a cloud in a circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. The lightroom is deleted from me after the error "screen of death" "blue screen". However, such errors happened to me before installing the lightroom. I'm used to them. However, each such error removes the Lightroom. Here you need to look for a solution in the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated above, you have either a computer virus, or serious hardware malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines