• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - Location of photos sync'd down from Cloud and renaming/moving folders

Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about the photos that are sync'd *down* from the Adobe Cloud into the "Location for CC ecosystem". These photos were imported to LR Web on another device, my phone.

LR Classic will then sync these down to the CC ecosystem folder using the subfolder naming I select - all good so far.

If I want to move these and rearrange the physical storage, can I just move them on disk with Finder (with LR Classic closed) and use a Library/Find All Missing Photos approach?

Because I tried and it didn't seem to work.

Cheers,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to move these and rearrange the physical storage, can I just move them on disk with Finder (with LR Classic closed) and use a Library/Find All Missing Photos approach?

Lightroom Classic CC does not do this. Find All Missing Photos simply locates them in the Lightroom catalog, it does not reconnect the photos to the actual new location of the files on your hard disk. To reconnect in Lightroom Classic CC, follow these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a link to that guide - most useful.

Is this the right way (do outside of LR Classic) to move stuff that's sync'd *in* from the Cloud - or is there a preferred way?

The ecosystem folder seems a bit special (not like the normal imported from folders - I'm fairly comfortable with how those work).

Cheers,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preferred way is to move images from within Lightroom, so Lightroom won't lose the connection. Select the images, then drag and drop them into any folder in the folder panel. You can also create new folders from within the folder panel when needed (use the plus icon in the upper right corner).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for yours

I just tried that. Whilst I could not drag and drop photos in the Library View, I could drag that folder Samsung SM-N950F/Imported Photos to the Photos/Android folder above it in this screenshot. I then renamed the folder.

Edit:

I was failing to click and drag the thumbnail itself (rather I tried to drag the enclosing grey box). That works.

Next problem: I might be being thick, or this may be a "not used to Mac" issue - but I can't get it to drag a bunch of thumbs to the new desired folder. I select by holding down the Command key and clicking on several thumbnails - but attempting to drag fails.

Ah - have to select with the Command key, then let go of the Command key before the final drag...

Thanks ever so much - got there in the end.

Many thanks - Tim

PS yes I know, grass needs cutting! It's only just stopped raining here in England!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 12.16.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines