• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Lightroom Classic Plan Downgrade?

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, All,

So I have a concern. When I first started using Ligthroom in earnest I signed up for the Photography plan that came with Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, 1TB storage, etc for $19.99. Initially I exclusively used Lighroom CC, and imported my images using that, but as time went by I realized Lightroom Classic was a much better tool for my photography.

After much time using LRC, the storage I was using of my 1TB wasn't really increasing while my catalog grew substantially. I had been importing my images using LRC once I switched to it from LRCC. I found out that you only store the full size image files in the cloud if you import your images into LR using LRCC, and if you import your images into LR using LRC only previews are sent to the cloud and those previews do not take storage space in your alloted 1TB of cloud storage. Because of this I decided to downgrade my storage capcity to the 20GB photo plan.

Now in LRC I get the following error messsage in the cloud storage area. How can I fix this? Thanks advance.

AllNoAll_0-1668290914471.png

AllNoAll_1-1668291013540.png

Allan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you keep your photos in the Creative Cloud Files folder, the full size image is uploaded. So 20 GB won't last very long.

You can upgrade to 1 TB, or use Drobpox. Make sure to set Save hard drive space automatically to Off in Preferences > Sync. Turning this option on  will delete local copies, and LrC requires originals to be stored locally.

If you move the photos out of the Creative Cloud Files folder, LrC will report them as missing, and you will need to reconnect them. See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to be clear. You are stating that if you save your images to the Creative Cloud Files folder on my Mac HD when importing them using Lightroom Classic instead of LightroomCC the full size images are also uploaded to your cloud storage? I was just advised by an Adobe tech that when importing images using Lightroom Classic the full size images are not uploaded to your Adobe cloud storage, but instead a preview file is uploaded to your cloud storage at the same time your full size image is store to your local storage location.

In regards to the Save hard drive space, I assume you are referring to prefernces in Lightroom CC not Lightroom Classic?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use Creative Cloud Files, I much prefer Dropbox.

But I did a test with a 53 MB raw file, and it appeared as a 53 MB file in Creative Cloud Files on the web. So I think the Adobe tech gave you wrong information.

Go to https://assets.adobe.com/files to view your own files.

Save hard drive space automatically refers to the Dropbox preferences.

You don't have to use a cloud backup service, you can also back up to an external hard drive, although doing both is a good idea.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines