• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Restore problem

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have using LRC  and taking regular backups every time I quit Lightroom.. Recently my catalog seems to have been corrupted. When I tried to restore the most recent backup the only backup files I can find  in the Pictures/Lightroom/Backups folder are very old ones. I can't understand where the most recent backups have gone.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's search feature, search all folders on all disks for <your catalog name>.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that already, still couldn't find the new backup files. I'm using a MacBook running Sonoma 14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to confirm, did you have your operating system's search feature search ALL disks?

Also, are you sure LrC was making backups recently when you quit? Sometimes, people turn this off either accidentally or intentionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search all your drives in Finder for *.zip  If they are there at all they will show up with that search. Pick the one with the newest date to restore.

In the screen when you quit LrC, there is a place to designate where to save the catalog backup files. It's smart to save it to a different drive than where the main/current catalog is kept.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines