My sync’ed images are used in Adobe Portfolio, Express and a number of standalone collections shared by Lightroom Links.
About 10 days ago I tried entering keywords on new images and didn’t notice that my click on “Click here to add keywords” didn’t connect; I carried on typing causing the screen to change modes (presumably as I typed short cut keys). I recovered back to the Library screen, but noticed all my keywords were gone for the entire catalog. (I was deleting keywords in the new images) Then I spotted the SYNC METADATA on the right side of the screen was ON!! I never use that, but somehow in the mishmash of typing I must have clicked on it unknowingly.
To get my keywords back I copied my last catalog back-up (the full catalog set of files, not just the zipped back-up) When I clicked on the lrcat file it said corrupted but LrC fixed it.
Keywords were back so I though all was OK and have been working with the (fixed up) catlog for about a week.
Now I have just noticed that NONE of my collections are showing as being sync’ed (The zig-zag line next to the synced collections are all gone) and the top right syncing activity dialogue box is showing 14,874 syncing.
(I don't think the problems vis-a-vis the keywords has anything to do with the syncing issue as I had closed LrC a few times after resolving the keywords issue without being told of on-going syncing in the LrC close dialogue)
Following Rikki’s instructions on page 1 of the thread mentioned above:
I went to step 1 (lightroom.adobe.com), no issues showed
I went to step 2, let the syncing run for 60 minutes - no change in numbers
I went to step 3, (Preferences>Lightroom sync>sync activity)nothing showed.
I have not tried changing the synch.lrdata to “old” yet.
I have some zipped catalog back-up files from late December
See screen grabs below
UPDATE Jan 19 LrC is no longer trying to sync the 14,874 files. Clicking next to a collection does not cause it to sync.
I'm using LR Clasic and synced images that I worked on in LR with my website built through adobe portfolio. In this proceess some of the images viewing on the website do no show the same. Attached is a sample. In LRr I removed the image in the middle and it showed up on the Web.