• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic won't import photos

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last week, whenever I try to import photos, Lightroom stalls and eventually the message is "Lightroom has stopped responding". I get the spinning circle as soon as I go to File/Import Photos and Video. It doesn't give me the option to choose where to import from before the buffering circle starts. Last week, I updated LR and it imported once. A couple of days ago I downloaded LR Classic and am having the import issue again. I have restated my computer and it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tami,

The problem with importing images started before you updated and didn't go away after you updated. What OS are you on? How much available hard-disk space do you have?

These are the basic system requirements -

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support*
  • Mac OS X v10.11 (El Capitan), macOS v10.12 (Sierra), or macOS v10.13 (High Sierra)**
  • 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 1024 x 768 display.
  • 2 GB of available hard-disk space for program installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices).
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.†

• Intel: macOS 10.12 with Metal support.
  • NVIDIA: macOS 10.12 with Metal support, or macOS 10.11 with OpenGL support.
  • OpenGL 3.3-capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality.
  • 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (4 GB recommended) for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.

Lightroom Classic CC system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system has what is shown below. It seems to meet the requirements. I uninstalled LR and reinstalled and that didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, everything was working fine but when I updated to Lightroom Classic CC it won't import anything.  I have a new iMac running with High Sierra.  I tried a CF card and SD card same results.  I see them when I click on import but the message I get is:

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 9.26.42 AM.jpg

But before updating I wasn't getting this message. Also on the card were old photos already imported and those where darkened because LR recognized that they were previously imported.  I am using LR 7.0.1 camera raw 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines