• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Crashing after Exporting 2-4 photos after updating to Ventura

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Ventura, updated both my MacBook Pro and my Lightroom Classic with the newest updates. I've had nothing, but problems. Within exporting 2 images (one at a time, waiting in between even) Lightroom shut down without notice. I rebooted, it has continued to do this for weeks. Sometimes, it just crashes Lightroom, but most of the time it completely restarts my entire MacBook. These are raw images loaded directly from folders on my hard drive, no external or other software involved.

I've used Lightoom and MacBook pros for over 8 years and never have had this issue.

I've tried the following: clearing space off my hard drive, resetting preferences, removing plugins, switching to an older version of Lightroom Classic (this worked briefly for one photo session, but then started doing the exact same thing), uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom classic, Optimizing the catalog, turning off GPU, restarting in Safe Mode, and possibly something else.

All in all, I've probably had to crash my MacBook (with absolutely nothing other than finder running) about 30 times.

I'm a wedding photographer with some serious deadlines that I'm about to be late on. I can't have this issue for any longer.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space do you have on your internal SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems, after the apple update to OSX 13.2.1 my Lightroom latest version is horror.

All apps running smooth including Photoshop but my Lightroom has exactly the same simtoms you describe. Common Adobe get your developers do the coding the right way, this sucks bigtime! 

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-28 om 19.39.51.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick can you tell me how I can upload the apple crash reports taht I receive each time. Thanks for the helpout on this topic. It is really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't make sense to upload reports here. When you see the Adobe Crash Dialog, fill it out with your email address so that it gets sent and can be found in our Crash Reporter. That puts it directly into the engineers' hands. 

Do you see an Adobe Crash Dialog? Are you filling in your email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, when I use version 12.2 it crashes my mac.

I did the following:

Used it with default settings --> mac crash no no adobe report

Used without plugins --> mac crash no adobe report

GPU off --> mac crash no adobe report

Used version 12.0 and 12.1 mac crash no adobe report

It is the relation between OSX Ventura 13.2.1 and Lightroom it is simple unstable and keeps crashing on an Intell mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a Mac Crash dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@willeml I know its not a huge help but I'm not seeing this on either Intel or M1 Macs with Ventura. So it may be specific to your computer.

Try creating a new Mac user and a new catalog with just a few hundred files and see if you still have crashes. Disable everything unneeded on your system and have the catalog and images on your internal drive for testing. The results will be a big clue toward where to troubleshoot next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not seeing this either on my intel and M1 Mac with Ventura and Classic. Not that helpful for your case but it does mean it might be fixable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines