Files with the same name are conflicting when I try to upload to SmugMug via the Lightroom plugin. I changed all the names I could, but some files display the error "File name could not be changed in Lightroom". Is there a workaround?
Also, some files with different names are conflicting. For example, two separate photos named sevenbrothers.png is conflicting with another named brothers3.jpg. This seems odd.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear that, could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?
Also, where are the images stored outside of Lightroom?
Please state the version of Lightroom you're using.
Ah, sorry about that. I'm usually pretty careful to give those details. Windows 10 64bit. Files stored on external hdd connected via usb.
Lightroom Classic CC updated through Adobe Creative Cloud App 8.2 Release Build 1204643. Running latest version of SmugMug plugin.
inability to rename an image in LR probably due to a duplicate file name referenced somewhere in your catalog . Note what you want the image, and look for it under all images. Tweet any naming as required.
Also, the catalog can get missed up, consider an optimize.
This worked on my system.
in my smugmug, occasionally odd things happen, probably something I did by mistake. images in smugmug might link back to the wrong image on my hard drive. I cannot absolutely remember the how, I think I tried a sync in the smugmug publish section, and conflicts to resolve came up.
But, I found that when I want to rework smugmug publishing, sometimes if I am noticing something odd I just go into smugmug, to the folder or gallery as appropriate and delete the images involved, then back in LR to republish.
Not everything, just the problem images.
Same problem here. I'm an amature at all this stuff, but here's what worked for me: I had two identical images and needed to rename them similarly. One was a print, the same image was a negative. 2.2-2 for the print, 2.2-2N for the negative (both digital now). It would not let me renname 2.2-2N. So I selected that and another random image, then renamed them both in a sequence. It accepted the rename 2.2-2N-1 (plus 2.2-N-2 for the randomly selected other). Now delete the -1 suffix and properly rename the other without conflict. A cheat, or work-around, but it works. Good luck!
Frank again. I just found a better fix to Lightroom not allowing renaming: Select the problematic image. Go to Library > rename (on the drop-down menu). Presto!