• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't copy settings to merged HDR photos

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I often use HDR and I noticed recently that my lightroom doesn't copy settings from photos to the HDR files  (as it was doing in the past 2 years since I am using it)

I recorded this here

https://youtu.be/a0VbWt0AGro

Actually, it only copies Clarity settings for some reason but not anything more than that. 

I tried to use different photos from different camera, I tried to disable all plugins. I tried to install new system MacOS 13.0.1 (22A400). Nothing helps. 

Do you also have this issue?

Regards

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you remember this correctly? I can't check this on my computer right now because I type this on my iPad, but I think that this only works with merging to panorama. If you merge to HDR, it's unlikely that you will use the same settings as on individual photos. You are not merging to HDR for no reason. The HDR dialog has an option to let Lightroom auto adjust the HDR (which you did not check). Could that be what you did have checked in the past? Or maybe I am the one who remembers this incorrectly (I never adjust the HDR brackets before merging them, because I think that is just wasting my time).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I am sure it was working before. No, I don't mean the Auto adjust settings. Right now it only copies Clarity settings. Before it was coping all the settings. I know it doesn't influence HDR photos but still, it was useful for me and I miss this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you modifying the bracket of photos prior to the merge? Fairly standard practice is to assume many of those edits will not be applied during the merge. Apply your develop settings copy/sync after the merge.

This comes from early on when Merge Photo first came out, and on-line tutorials stated to not bother with edits prior to the merge.

See the video in the link below, around/past the 3:30 minute mark

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/hdr-photo-merge.html

and (near bottom of);

https://digital-photography-school.com/step-by-step-how-to-use-hdr-merge-in-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I totally understand you however I did like to have the preview of pre-merged photos with some basic adjustments. (most importantly crop settings as I work on very specific type of photos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the article linked below- written by:  Josh Bury, a Senior Computer Scientist on the ACR team and lead engineer for the Merge to HDR and Panorama features. (My 'bold' added to quote)

You may have noticed something a little different about my panorama workflow in ACR compared to what you may have done with other stitching tools. I did all my editing, including choosing a raw camera profile, after stitching the panorama. The Merge features in ACR work their magic at a very early stage in our raw processing pipeline. This means two things: 1. The image created by the merge should be treated just like any other raw file as far as editing is concerned and 2. You can (and should) save your editing for the merged result.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/2020/01/16/from-the-acr-team-merge-to-panorama

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines