• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom edit in photoshop not opening picture

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, lightroom edit in photoshop command opens photoshop with the home screen but it does not open the picture.

I use macbook pro. The library files are in the local disk and the pictures are in a LAN (network) drive. I've always worked like that perfectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update for windows 10 users - I uninstalled "everything" - all my adobe apps - I reinstalled the previous versions of both Lightroom classic and previous Photoshop (versions LR classic 12.3 and PS 24.5) and now it all works again - You can "edit in photoshop with lightroom adjustments".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the current Lightroom Version 12.4 (Camera Raw 15.4) I have the problem that Photoshop DOES open, but the image doesn't open in Photoshop Beta 25.0. After waiting several minutes, a dialogue opens up in Lightroom that states:

"The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be started."
Which is obviously wrong since Photoshop starts immediately, when you select "edit in Photoshop". After clicking OK on this dialogue in Lightroom, the image opens up in Photoshop as usual. The wait time is unbearable, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention: This happens with the current non-beta Photoshop 24.7 as well, not limited to the beta. Camera Raw is acutally version 15.41. All files are local in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you have your Lightroom library files stored on the local disk, while the pictures you want to edit are located on a LAN (network) drive. Previously, this setup worked perfectly for you.

However, after the update, there might be a compatibility issue or a configuration change that is causing Photoshop to have difficulty accessing the pictures on the network drive from Lightroom.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check File Permissions: Ensure that the network drive's permissions allow Lightroom and Photoshop to access and edit the pictures. Make sure there are no restrictions or permission issues preventing the software from accessing the files.

2. Refresh Folder Location: In Lightroom, try refreshing the folder location where the picture is located on the network drive. Right-click on the folder in the Library module and choose "Synchronize Folder" to update the folder content.

3. Update Adobe Software: Check for updates for both Lightroom and Photoshop. Sometimes, updates can resolve compatibility issues between the two applications.

4. Reset Preferences: In Lightroom and Photoshop, you can try resetting the preferences to default settings. This action can resolve unexpected issues caused by corrupted preferences.

5. Copy Picture Locally: As a temporary solution, you can try copying the picture you want to edit from the network drive to your local disk and then attempt the "Edit in Photoshop" command again.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to reach out to Adobe support for further assistance, as it could be related to the specific update and your network drive setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines