• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom edit in Photoshop Opens In Beta not Photoshop

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have two copies of Photoshop in my PC The current Beta and Photoshop CC 2024 latest version. Every time I use the "Edit In Photoshop" Lightroom command opens my edit in the beta version, not Photoshop CC 2024 as I wanted to. In Preferences, external editing is set to Photoshop 2024. Any thoughts this has been driving me nuts. 

Thank You

Charles  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems. I could solve it by doing the following steps:

• If you haven't already done so, install the lastest version of Lightroom 12.5
  • Uninstalling both Photoshop versions by using the Adobe Creative Cloud Application. When asked, keep preferences! 
  • Reinstall Photoshop Beta first.
  • Reinstall Photoshop 2023

If this doesn't help try the reinstallation with removing the preferences also.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried exactly that but it still defalauts to Beta not 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have exactly done?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated PS within my subscription to 2024 at the end of October. I had already downloaded Beta in the summer to play with the new features being developed but still want the non-Beta version as the default edit in option from LR. No problem with that until the update to 2024. Itvtokk me to PS 2023 as set in LR preferences. After the update then LR kept opening Beta from the "edit in". Tried uninstalling both Beta and 2024, reinstalled Beta then 2024  in that order And ckeck that Beta was not seet in LR preferences. But edit in still it opens Beta not 2024.

Running under Win 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have install an Update of the Beta-Version after you have installed 2024? The last installed version will take file associations.

In the Preferences of the recent versions of Lightroom you can change which Photoshop version be used on "Edit in Photoshop..."

AxelMatt_0-1700464158790.png

In my case I have installed Photoshop 2024 and the older version 2023.

If this doesn't help I would suggest a complete and clean reinstallation. Make sure that you're logged in as a Administrator or an user with Admin rights.

Please follow the steps below:

if you're unable to install the CC Desktop App at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here,  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't photoshop 24 the beta-version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't photoshop 24 the beta-version?

By @hanomann

No. The Beta version is Photoshop 25.x (actual 25.1)

The "normal" version is Photoshop 24.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be right. In my Lightroom there is only one Photoshop selection its 2024 so when I installed the beta it may have overwritten my production version of Photoshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last installed version will take file associations. This is just how windows works by default. It doesn't matter what the version number is; just the sequence of installing them.

You can also change file associations in Windows, but the safest and simplest is to just reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I will try the solution with removing and reinstalling versions in the right order a moment, but I have another question: is there is a way to keep both versions in "Edit in..." menu, so I would be able to select wiich version I would like to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Lrc's Edit-> Preferences _External Editing you can click "Choose" under Additional External editor and navigate to the other version (Regular or beta)

davida99419370_0-1716515232002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac and it not only wants to open in Beta but says that the Beta version is already running when it is definitly not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I've found is a work around which is to open  Photoshop (not Beta) first, minimize it, then use Lightroom Classsic as usual.  This is NOT ideal, but works for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines