• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom export catalog

Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seven date folders on my laptop, each with a jpg subfolder. When I export as a catalog, and then merge catalogs, the date folder has the original RAW images but the jpg's are not in their jpg folder and instead just appear in the date folder. What am I doing wrong? Windows 11

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate the possibility, might this be a "show photos in subfolders" issue? When that display setting's active, clicking on one of your date folders will make ALL of the photos within that show together, regardless of some of them living in a subfolder. Clicking on that subfolder will show only those.

richardplondon_0-1696893556373.png

Do you see such subfolders in the Folders panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date folder shows all photos, RAW and jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the Folders panel present the expected nested  subfolders as well, or not?

If so, what happens if you click one of those?

To reiterate: under the "show Photos in Subfolders" option you should expect to see both the Raws and the JPGs displayed together regardless, when you click on one of your date folders. In other words: everything that lives either directly or indirectly within a chosen folder.

And when that option is unchecked, only photos held  directly within the chosen folder will show.

This is just a display preference, not altering how things actually are on disk. It's worth reviewing how this option is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines