• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom just displays a grey background upon loading.

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Im using a:

M1 Mac Mini.

Issue: Grey background in window loads for Lightroom Classic. No information in the program loads.

It seems there is a bug or error that does not allow me to fully open Adobe Lightroom Classic. Also Lightroom just goes straight to an error message.  Back to Lightroom Classic. When I try to open the program it just pulls up a blank Grey screen. When I try to click on the  "preference tab" at the top to see if I can change any settings, it doesn't do anything. Below are the actions I have taken to try to fix the problem. I have basically tried everything I can think of and researched. Perhaps someone has the solution after reading the below options that I have tried and to no success.

Also attached is a screen shot of what keeps happening everytime I click on Lightroom Classic.

Adobe please help!!!

OPTION 1. Reset preferences by holding down Shft+Option key and clicking on Lightroom and nothing happen.

OPTION 2. Hold Option key and clicked on Go, then Library, then Preferences and deleted the “com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist” file.

OPTION 3.  I have given permission in the Preference and Accessibility Privacy Settings to Lightroom Classics.

OPTION 4. Library> Application Support> Adobe> SLStore (Change the name from SLStore to SLStoreold)

OPTION 5. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

OPTION 6. Repair Adobe Cloud application instead of unintsalling.

AFTER TRYING ALL OF THESE SOLUTIONS, NOTHING WORKED AT ALL!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial steps:

1. Do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running (if the Help command responds).

2. "I have given permission in the Preference and Accessibility Privacy Settings to Lightroom Classics." Did you grant Full Disk Access rather than Files And Folders (a common mistake):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

3. "Hold Option key and clicked on Go, then Library, then Preferences and deleted the “com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist” file." Did you do this while LR wasn't running?  If you do it while LR is running, Mac OS might silently restore the old .plist file.

4. Try using the Adobe Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all traces of all Creative Cloud apps on your computer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check out the options here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

If that doesn't work, try booting into Safe mode (hold down Shift Key): still a problem?
Or make a new user account, log in, try again. Still not launching?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines