• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile pop up in Classic

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Lightroom (12.4) popped up an ad to encourage me to download Lightroom mobile. 

Adobe. DO NOT EVER GIVE ME ADS IN LIGHROOM CLASSIC OR PHOTOSHOP! These are professional tools, not consumer products. I NEVER want to be annoyed by ads. I pay to use the product. I should never have to wade through ads to use it. If I start the product, it is to do a particular task. I do not want to be thrown off track or have my time wasted.

I am not refering to the sometimes useful pop ups that highlight major new features and give training links. These are sometimes useful. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

This isn't an ad. It isn't asking you to purchase something new. Lightroom mobile is available as part of your Lightroom Classic photography plan - yet many customers are unaware of this. See this recent thread as an example: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/editing-photos-stored-on-mac-but-with-ipad/idi-p/13929725 

The goal here is to have more customers have a richer multi-surface photography experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an ad. It isn't asking you to purchase something new. Lightroom mobile is available as part of your Lightroom Classic photography plan - yet many customers are unaware of this. See this recent thread as an example: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/editing-photos-stored-on-mac-but-with-ipad/id... 

The goal here is to have more customers have a richer multi-surface photography experience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also percive this as an add in a product I pay for.

I do not want it. The app gives me nothing I need in my workflow.

Stop putting popup ads Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter what you "percieve" - Adobe is 100% within its rights to bring such information to customers' attention.

From the Adobe EULA:

"14.1.4 As permitted by applicable law or as consented to by Customer, Adobe may (a) send Customer transactional messages to facilitate the Adobe Online Service or the activation or registration of the Software or Adobe Online Service, or (b) deliver in-product marketing to provide information about the Software and other Adobe products and Services using information including but not limited to platform version, version of the Software, license status, and language."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe is within its rights to do a lot of things. They could remove or modify the best features of their product because they are difficult to support. After all, they are a monopoly, right? Anything Adobe does must be right and good.

What I am doing is giving them feedback on behavior I do not want to see in their products. A good company should listen to its customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I should never have to wade through ads to use it."

Dealing with one pop-up is "wading through" now?

It would have taken inordinately more time to type and post your rant than it would simply to click the pop-up away, so you clearly have the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Reeder, I don't know why you are such an aplolgist for Adobe. They are a giant corporation and can speak for themselves.

But yes, one pop-up is actually "wading through". It takes me off task. I have to read the ad to decide if it is something important. And if Adobe decides this is acceptable and valuable to them, they will do it more and more, maybe even while I an in the middle of editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning Notifications 'off' in the Creative Cloud Desktop App?

2023-07-20 10_29_29-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was not even aware that option existed. I have unchecked the Adobe Communication option. We'll see if it makes my annoyance go away.

Thanks.

Note to Adobe user experience designers: this setting is so far removed from the occurance of the problem that I would never think to associate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nah because "Win $500 when you take this survey" is NOT ok when I'm in the middle of WORKING WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines