• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom . Wont Launch.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've just updated Lightroom to 5.5 and now it will not launch.

AdobeCC @

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

We are still looking into the problem, but as a workaround this may work for folks.

1.  Uninstall Lightroom 5.5. 

2.  Install Lightroom 5.5 directly (and not through the Adobe Creative Cloud app) by downloading from the following links:

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_mac_en

Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_win_en

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie it did the trick for me (logging out and in Creative Cloud)

Now LR 5.5 starts

I will check later on if this survives a reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me! LR still crashing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the steps in this link. The steps has been updated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these 3 solutions worked for me. LR still crashing when installed via CCloud manager.

If I install a copy that I previously downloaded from the web, it works.

Adobe does not seem to know what they are doing. Not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maksim,

Could you please give the entire path where you find SLCache and SLStore? I'm lost here

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lio,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message - I was out of town and traveling with no mobile connection.

The files are located in "/Library/Application Support/Adobe".

Maksim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Way to go Maksim! Adobe needs to pay you! The process you listed in post 92 in this thread worked perfectly! Adobe's band-aid of installing standalone is not why we pay for cloud applications. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lord, just getting around to trying to fix it now? Been a mess from day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a call back from Adobe wanting to help fix the problems they created. Told him I had already fixed it, sort of on my own. He gave me his name and supposedly will hep me personally if I have problems in the future. His listening skills suggest to me that he will be as inept as all of the other support people. But, I do have his name. He told me that the issue has been resolved for "many" people with solutions they have come up with. Not resolved for everyone, though. He asked if he could close my case since I have resolved the issue for myself. I told him he could do what he wanted, but that the real issue is a management issue and the only person I really wanted to speak to at this point was the CEO of Adobe. Suspect he won't call me, but in truth, he is the only person who is in a position to kick the butts of the development & support teams and get them up to snuff which they currently are not. These are supposedly professional level software products, and professionals can't afford to lose days of work due to developer/support inadequacies. I would still like to speak to the Adobe CEO to let him know what a mess his people are creating for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines