• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOCKED: If you have this problem start a thread: corrupted Lightroom catalog.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using lightroom and then I got this message: "the catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error." Then I tried to repair the catalog in lightroom but it says this: "The Lightroom catalog is corrupt and cannot be used or backed up until it is repaired. I've tried choosing "repair catalog" but it doesn't work. There's a lot of work on this catalog that I need to access. Please let me know how to repair this corrupted catalog.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

The easiest thing to do is to restore a recent backup of your catalog file.

Other than that, I have seen only this one attempt succeed at fixing a corrupted catalog, those instructions are here: Recover A Corrupted Unrepairable Lightroom 3 Catalog With SQLite | More Photography Tips | Photography Blog, Camera Gear…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is most likely a hardware issue with your computer. Take it in for service. Fully backed up of course.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanuj,

I am praying to all the gods in the universe that you are out there and in a benevolent mood this evening.  Y last back up was 2 days ago, since then I've put 10 more hours into wedding edits . .  the power goes out today, crashing my mac and now I can't open or repair my catalog.  I am literally crying and hope that you can help please and thank you!  I'm on a MAC PRO (late 2013) with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.  Thank you.  - Kendal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kendal,

I am sending you a PM please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

I need some help, I store my pictures, catalogs and back ups in an external hard drives. 90% of the time it is connected to my desktop. Today I take it to work to edit some pictures during my break times and I connect it to my laptop and Lightroom Classic CC says that the catalog is corrupted. I try to repair it and it fails. I load the back-up and Lightroom loads. But after a few seconds, it crashes saying that it encountered a problem and has to close and will diagnose it when it starts up. I start up lightroom and I am back to "The catalog is corrupted". And the same this is happening here on my Desktop.

I ended up creating a new catalog and importing all my pictures to it, BUT all my edits are gone. That was alot of work lost, but luckily these were all personal files.

I need your help.

Thank you,

Emmanuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emmanuel,

I am sending you a PM, please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with this same problem, I have backed up my catalog I think, but nothing is happening or opemomg I am stuck with the fear of loosing a certain 2,000 photos and precious custom made presets. Please help

me adobe!!

tiare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiare,

I am sending you a PM, please check and reply.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tanuj. I am having the same issue. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody post some sort of indication as to what Tanuj is providing via private message? I find the whole approach inefficient. This is, ironically, the most helpful conversation on the matter, but it's taking place behind closed doors. I've already logged into the Adobe environment using my paid account. It would be nice if I wasn't held hostage by Tanuj's work schedule to save my project from failure. I have deadlines, too, and wish Adobe provided more transparent support. This is clearly not an isolated issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Palomaf,

I ask the users to reply via PM because I need them to send their catalog to me, and I forward the catalog to Engineering team to see if it can be repaired or not.
So, providing the catalog in a public forum is not a good idea I think. I am sending you a PM as well with my email address mentioned.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tanuj. Knowing that you are forwarding to Engineering is helpful. I read through each post on this thread, albeit quickly, and did not see this procedure mentioned. I also looked at time stamps to see what the turnaround time was. Those seemed to vary. It's comforting to know you're already working on a resolution to my specific event. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanuj,

I have the same issue. Can you help me to recover my corrupted catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me, I seem to have the same situation with a corrupted LR Classic CC master catalog.  I upgraded to the latest version of the app, but almost immediately was told my catalog was corrupted and needed to be repaired.  When I asked for a repair, I was told there was no way it could be repaired, and I should contact Adobe.  I don't know where the backups are, and this is the only catalog I use.  So please help.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I lost my Lightroom catalog after installing an SSD disk in my iMac and restoring the system from Time Machine, which was not backing up the catalog. I have recovered one backup of the catalog with Easeus but now I can not open it in Lightroom , it loops trying to rebuilt it.

Can anyone help me solving this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Help I am having the same problem!!!! Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines