Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login successful but cannot run the App

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIndows 11, LrC V6

Newly installed Win 11, but LrC V6 ran with no issues for years on previous Win 11 installation.

Purchased V6 back in 2016 and have used it ever since.

Now, after reinstalling the original V6 .exe it asks me to login to Adobe.

I do that, email and password all OK and it says I am logged in OK, so back to the App

The first time, it asked me for the serial # and I provided that, no errors.

Then it asked me to login again - back to the browser, login, enter the 6 digit code sent to my email.

It says I am logged in OK so back to the desktop and click on the LR icon to start the App.

Up pops the Sign-in required dialog and we start all over again.

I tried to ask the ChatBot for help and it doesnt think I am logged in either.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Got it working. Required downloading the latest Adobe Application Manager (found a V10 here)

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe//creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe

and with that I got LR6 running again, logged in and happy. Connected it to my old catalog and all seesm to be well. Maybe NEXT time it gets its knickers in a twist I will try updating to LR-v13. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe pulled the plug on Lr 6.x activation servers and downloads back in Janaury.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a provided a link below to a recent thread discussing 6.x activation, etc

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-lightroom-6-14-download-is-no-longer-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian. I'm continuing my quest over there!

I have no need to upgrade my version, and it runs quite well on Windows 11, so it seems the login / activation server is the only part not working for me.

If I do have to upgrade, I probably can - so long as there is a way to keep my HUGE database of pictures without having to reload it all from scratch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gcbodie It is becoming clearer and clearer that new installs of v6 cannot be activated. Some claim work-arounds, but-

The way forward is a subscription to Lightroom-Classic v13 which will simply load your "Huge" catalog and you carry on as usual with all the new improvements and regular upgrades.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it working. Required downloading the latest Adobe Application Manager (found a V10 here)

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe//creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe

and with that I got LR6 running again, logged in and happy. Connected it to my old catalog and all seesm to be well. Maybe NEXT time it gets its knickers in a twist I will try updating to LR-v13. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines