Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost folder in lightroom classic

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was organising my folders in lightroom classic library and 1 folder that I have worked on and is on my Hard drive is not visible anywhere in Lightroom library anymore.

I have tried searching for it via filter folder on the left side and via the librbary filter at the top centre of the workpanel.

I tried importing again the folder from my HD but the history of all the work has gone, but the original raw files are there, as well as the saved j pegs.

how can I restore / find the original folder containing all the work history as I cannot even see the 'missing folder with question mark against it anywhere.

thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, you have (accidentally?) imported the photos using COPY instead of ADD.

You need to find the individual photos in this folder (not find the folder itself) in Lightroom Classic. Follow all of these four steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Classic Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic Filter Bar

Once you find the photos, we can give instructions on fixing your folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your reply.

what is the next process after step 4 in finding the lost subfolder where I did all the work for that image?

I imported all the raw file photos again under the same name and am concerned I have written over the lost files and folder. I can see when I search for a specific file therre are 2 copies of it but need to know how to locate the subfolder where I worked on the files in develop mode

thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you find 2 copies, one that you just imported that has no edits, and another one which does have edits. So you right-click on the one that does have edits and select Go to Folder in Library. Then in the Folder Panel on the left, the folder is highlighted (you may have to scroll up or down to find the highlighted folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

So when I right click on the file that has the edits / Go to folder in library / go to folder panel on the left, the folder that is highlighted is a main folder (for the month of April) but no subfolder with the specific edited images is highlighted or to be found there. Only the 2nd import with the same name which includes the raw and jpegs saved from my work there in the original folder with the same name. 

when I right click on the edited raw fiile in 'All photographs' and go to develop tab, it says 'The File could not be found'

Please advise on the next steps, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the folder that is highlighted is a main folder (for the month of April) but no subfolder with the specific edited images is highlighted or to be found there.

There does not have to be a subfolder, the photos may be in the April folder.

In any case, show us a screen capture. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply. Do NOT attach files.

Only the 2nd import with the same name which includes the raw and jpegs saved from my work there in the original folder with the same name.

I am unable to understand the meaning of this sentence. Again, show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines