• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 13.2 crashing during printing (Windows)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 2 different destop computers (Windows 11 and 10) , LR 13.2 has been crashing several times at the beginning of printing, although it does not happen every time. Printer is Epson P900.

A dump report was created  and sent to Adobe (maybe Adobe France as I am located there ?).

Did you receive these reports and found a solution ?

Thanks,

Bernard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and found no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? 

The next time you see a crash, fill out the dialog completely, take a screenshot of the dialog, and post that screenshot here. 

Moving from Bugs to Discussions

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Yes, there was a crash dialog from LR, and the email address I filled in was <removed for privacy>

OK next time I will take a screenshot of the dialog.

Thanks,

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash report submitted indicates a problem with the nVidia GD5 crashing.  Please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/crash-gpu-directx-enabled.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This help describes the problem as happening when leaving the application, which is not the case.

I use a lot the GPU during development or export without a single problem.

I can print many images without problem, and suddenly LR crashes. I have a new report one hour ago.

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still happening after a clean install of the latest nvidia driver.
I notice it is  happening after several successful prints.
Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is indeed related to the GPU, but it happens only when printing.

It's a quite recent graphic card (RTX 3060) and the latest driver clean installed.

I can reproduce it with GPU enabled , and cannot reproduce it with GPU disabled, but disabling the GPU is not a nice solution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you consider it as a nVidia problem ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive found printing from lightroom increasingly frustrating in recent months too, I have to go to page set up then click on the printer preferances to get it to print each time, dont change any settings just access the printer prefernces then it will print. (Windows 10, Epson9900, three DNP and a kyocera laser jet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a Epson printer, you couyld try the free Epson print layout software, quite simple to use. It's normally provided with the instalation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines