• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC hangs on import, Win10, spinning blue wheel forever.

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom CC has started hanging on import.  It seems to work fine for other things but as soon as I click import in the Library pane I just get the windows 10 spinning blue wheel forever after until I kill LR.  This pretty much makes LR dead in the water for me.

Creative Cloud thinks everything is up to date.

Win 10, 64 bit, Creators Update, fully updated.

Lightroom CC 2015.10.1

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

After checking windows update I saw there was an update pending and had to re-boot.  After this it works again.  Probably wasn't related but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same shadow issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, probably since the new update Lightroom, but it does not just appear to be the update. after a while lightroom stops responding, then the "shadow window" appears, and the lightroom window shows "not responding" optimization of the lightroom catalog does not help. I installed the older version of lightroom, but does not fix this. so I'm not sure if this is only the update. currently I crashed after 1-2 hours. so not really nice work Adobe support lightroom, quickly get your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least I'm not the only one.

Tell me: what antivirus are you using? I'm following several lines of investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

symantec endpoint protection for a long time, so nothing new

how big is your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get the same failures with a new, empty catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent update(s) I have continued to have stability issues, with Lightroom eventually freezing if it is open for any length of time.  I had hoped the subsequent "bug fix" update would fix it, but it hasn't.  I had no stability issues before the most recent build that introduced new profiles.  It's a shame, as I like the improvements to Lightroom, but am hating the stability issues.  I also hate the fact that Adobe provides no direct support options.

Since hundreds of thousands of people watch and read my reviews every month, this isn't going to help Adobe, as I have to report on what I experience myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines