• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic for tethering without Internet connection? Is there a better way?

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to run LR Classic on an older iMac in my studio for tethered shooting. Right now I have two challenges. One, the studio is in a building that effectively blocks out any cell reception and has no landline, hence no internet. Okay. I took the computer outside, hotspotted my phone and reassured the hovering Adobe sign-in app that my annual CC subscription was real and I had the right to use the software. How long will that last? Is there not an offline version of the software that I can run? If it was truly problem free I'd even pay money to buy it. Cash. Right now. Just show me the software. The other challenge is that LR wants to never-endingly update my presets to xmp every time I launch - so annoying! How do I 86 that thing and why, Adobe? Why?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Adobe sign-in app that my annual CC subscription was real and I had the right to use the software. How long will that last? Is there not an offline version of the software that I can run?"

Lightroom Classic can run offline just fine. It only needs to check the license once a month if you pay monthly, and once every three months if you pay annually. 

"The other challenge is that LR wants to never-endingly update my presets to xmp every time I launch - so annoying!"

That sounds like your develop presets folder is locked, so Lightroom Classic cannot rename the old .lrtemplate presets after it has upgraded them to .xmp presets.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines