This is a first. What now?

Thanks a lot.

Raphael

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 8.35.59 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

A number of people have reported that the most recent version of the LR/Instagram plugin (0.6.1575) fixes the recent problems people have been having:

Re: Instagram Add On

LR/Instagram plugin just starting giving an error

Re: LR/Instagram plugin params load error while trying to publish a photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook shut down their API on Aug 1st. So IG and Facebook Publish is now gone.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Shawn.

Facebook was gone on August 1, but IG was still working day before yesterday. Why is one subordinated to the other -even though it's the same app?

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an answer from Support at the plugin suggesting I update LR to today's new update, which I had - to no avail. But obviously, they are still supporting that plugin.

By the way, there is another way to upload to Instagram from the desktop - and maintain a rectangular format. But it's not nearly as swift as with the plugin. Not bad though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported that the most recent version of the LR/Instagram plugin (0.6.1575) fixes the recent problems people have been having:

Re: Instagram Add On

LR/Instagram plugin just starting giving an error

Re: LR/Instagram plugin params load error while trying to publish a photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does. Developer admitted to a bug causing the issue.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File > Plug-In Manager, verify you are actually running the most recent version of the LR/Instagram plugin(0.6.1577). Make sure any old versions are removed from Plug-In Manager. It looks like this most recent version is trying to better handle Instragram's new user authentication protocol introduced in September (according ot the plugin author), which is causing these various errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Works fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John. I just uploaded 06.6.1575, which is what they sent me. Is 1577 even more recent?

I don't see anything other than the 1575 version in Manager. Can I delete previous versions from the Download folder in my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 1577 even more recent?

Yup, you get it from here: https://www.lrinstagram.com/ . I'm inferring from the comment in the "readme.txt" file that 1577 may fix the HTTP Status 408 problem some people were getting:

Version 0.6.1577

Added opening browser when Instagram's requires challenge authentication

I'm guessing that Instragram was sending a challenge authentication back to the plugin, which wasn't displaying it to the user, and Instragram then got tired of waiting and sent back the HTTP Status 408 (Request Timeout) response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I delete previous versions from the Download folder in my Mac?

Yes, and delete them from LR's File > Plug-in Manager too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I notice, when I go to their website that they offer the 1577 instead of the 1575 of a couple of days ago; so I'll replace mine with the latest.

Thank you John. You've been of great help. This plugin is really useful; too bad the Facebook portion is no longer operational. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines