• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile : Only Show in Shared Photos

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening all, in my LR Mobile App I accidently clicked on "Only Show in Shared Photos" on a shared album - now it's GONE!

Anyone have any ideas?  Adobe help doesn't even mention this feature in the non-existent help!!!!!   Where are my photos ? !!  I can still see them in All Photos but the Album I cannot find!  It's gone from my Collections too (presumably hidden somewhere)

If anyone can help would really appreciate it.  Something like this should have had a prompt before doing it!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue from within Lightroom CC?

What has disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I mistakenly clicked on.

IMG_9780.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the little two people icon at the top? Tap that and you see shared collections. You should then be able to navigate to the collection (maybe via a Photos item). When you see the collection, tap its 3 dots and choose "Show in Albums". This should remove it from this area and put it back where you expected.

Yes, it is unnecessarily complicated and hard to see the underlying value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks.  That sort of worked.  From the LR Mobile app this does not work and the collection is not visible on either LR Mobile app OR LR Classic.  However, if I sign into "lightroom.adobe.com/libraries" online, there it is, plus the option to Show in Albums as you say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poor UX design... what is adobe thinking?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me.  I have no idea why this function Only Show in Shared Photos would be needed.  I had no idea what I had tapped on that made the collection or album (depending on classic or mobile or cc nomenclature you are using) disappear from lightroom classic and mobile.  I thought I had deleted it.  Thank you for having sorted this out as it saved me a lot of headache.   My fat fingers caused me plenty of pain but your solution here saved me even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happened to me too, what a stupid option. Followed everyone's solutions but still can't find my shared collection. I still have the main album but if I try to regenerate the collection I get the message "Name already in use". But where is it?

Anny assistance very welcome. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered it too... what a poor UX design!.

The whole album vanished... couldnt find it in Shared Album tab as well... I dont even know how i got it back, i replicated it with another throwaway album & tracked where it went.

The new updates (post Aug2019) totally broke sharing. I used to share a link of only Flagged items, and then keep progressively working on the rest of the album. So the flagged items in my shared link will keep growing as I finish processing.

Now they force you to put all Flagged ones in a new album... agrrrgh...Who in Adobe UX thought that was a great idea?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines