LR "Best Photos" Tool - First Thoughts

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thoughts so far

• good idea, but not sure who its for
  • need more control on how it works
    • should be able to "weight" (or even turn off) all of the criteria it uses, not just people
    • should include a “quality” criterion
    • a simple scripting language or menu driven 'rule builder' for more complex criteria; basic goal is to allow inclusion (in “best”) something along these lines:
      (‘highest quality’) OR (‘at least medium quality’ AND ‘best content’)
  • need the same flag / create album options for the “other photos”
  • must sync back to LR Classic (desktop) – better yet just incorporate right into Classic
  • how about a ‘worst photos’ also
  • maybe add a new flag just for this purpose ‘best / normal / worst’

an we need think how this fits into workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard

I'ts best to post ideas in the feedback forum

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a Photoshop forum, not Lightroom and Im not signed in for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life is never simple. It looked like I can sign in to Photoshop forum with my Lightroom id. But then it said it wants to send a verification code.
In Firefox the popup window for the code wont let me type.

So I sucked it up and used edge ... I can type the code there but it says its invalid (actually I cut and pasted).

So I dont know what gives.

Should I create a new Id for this purpose?  (which wont be tied to my subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes create a new ID for the feedback forum which is hosted separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I click on Register and it pops up the "we sent you a verification code" dialog. So Im kinda stuck in loop. BTW any idea why I cant type in that field in Firefox but can in Edge? Some kind of anti-mozilla ruze? (Actually its probably Firefox security, its fairly strict, but Im not sure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew! Finally in. (using my existig id).  I think the problem is that when it pops up the "we just sent you..." thing it actually means "we are about to send you "...  🙂  I think I was one step out of sync all along. So not the next question ... Is "Lightroom Desktop (CLoud Based)" the same as LR CC Classic, or do I want LR Classic? In a way its moot as my point is this needs to work across the desktop and the cloud versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my! SO AFTER I finally enter the verification code which they sent to my email address, I then get another email asking me to confirm my email adress.   Blet braces and suspenders ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this about LR CLASSIC?

I'm moving your post over to the Lightroom, Cloud Centric, forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes and no. :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I hit return.... you’ll see one of my suggestions is this should be in desktop (also) as I think that fits work flow better. Process images; organise albums; share.. I actually got to this feature from desktop via web preview of shared collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved it back the LR Classic forum. But your suggestion should go to the other LR forum, as noted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I will cross post as has been suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Richard. Adobe Engineers will see it in the feedback forum; this is a user to user forum. Simply choose the appropriate Lightroom feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines