• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR v8.0 colours different in library and develop module

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the version 8. On windows 10, Fuji RAF files look completely different in library module and in develop module, softproofing is unchecked. It seems the rendering is wrong in Develop, which makes it unusable. Too contrasty and saturated in develop module.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

thedigitaldog  wrote

The two modules use a different preview architecture so to some degree, a slight difference is to be expected. And you really MUST examine both at 1:1 (100%) as whenever you 'zoom out', there is some subsampling of the image and you don't see an 'accurate' preview of colors, sharpness and in your example, probably that 'noise'.

And that difference will be significantly more obvious with high ISO underexposed photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you. ADOBE can't help or fix anything. Finally, I went to check on the GPU settings in Performnace. All of these problems were gone. If you have any problems like this, check the performance settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, its super frustrating. I see perfect neutral colors in Library mode, as soon as I go to develop, lightroom adds some random profile to image that I have not asked for. Also problem in the "reference image" view. Take an image, set it as a reference, now put exactly the same image for comparison - there will be a huge color difference between the same image in different modules. And that's even in the reference view.  Adobe seems not to understand the importance of color management at all. Also, yes, i have turned off gpu, all my monitors are regularly color calibrated. Please just acknowledge the error in your part and fix it, stop pushing the blame on your clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are any of the people seeing problems with rendering using a BenQ monitor not calibrated to the native primaries? There is a bug that causes incorrect rendering in Develop that can cause shifts in the shadow rendering. If you have a BenQ wide gamut monitor you should calibrate it to its native primaries.

Also on many monitors if you use canned profiles (i.e. you don't calibrate yourself) these differences between Develop and Library are usually caused by bad monitor profiles. You can check if this is the case by associating a standard profile (such as sRGB or adobeRGB) with your monitor. If the color difference disappears, the display profile is the problem and you should recalibrate.

A last already mentioned reason for (very minor) differences between Library and Develop is very noisy images. As mentioned many times, the zoomed out view does not deal with noise reduction and sharpening very well in very noisy or  images with extreme sharpening or noise reduction samples. The difference should not cause strong shift in tint in general except if you do not apply any color noise reduction to the image (which you almost always should do except perhaps in astrophotography).

Try applying a bit more color noise reduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines