• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC Auto Layout-Book Module

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to turn off auto layout in the book module of LRC? If so, how?

Thanks,

K

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are viewing the Book Module interface, there is a 'Book' Menu option specifically for Book Preferences-

2022-02-27 10_27_25-Bezel.jpg

In this Book Preferences dialog you can set 'Autofilling' to 'off' - Uncheck the box.

2022-02-27 10_27_43-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Then you would 'Edit' a Preset for your preferred Page Layouts, and use these Presets for 'Auto Layout' when you start a new book.

2022-02-27 10_31_16-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Auto-Layout is 'Global' - It uses the Page template Preset for every page created by the Auto-Layout button.

Only use Auto-Layout at the beginning of designing a new book- then you can alter Page templates (Singly or by Selecting multiplepages)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

Thanks very much for digging into this for me.

Your solution worked in the book preferences setting. Unfortunately, when I unclicked the box, all my formatting and art work got destroyed. What was left was one full image on each page. Text boxes also disappeared.

Went back to auto layout settings and cycled through them all but no joy. I couldn't figure out how to recover the book's format and now I guess I have to start again from scratch...and note this was in the saved book under the collections tab.

I'm hoping you perhaps might have a silver bullet to help me out. I know it's a long shot but if you could pull a rabbit out of the hat, I'd be most grateful

How do I get what i had? PS all the images I used in the book are still in the film strip.

Thanks,

'

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advice-

The [Auto Layout] and [Clear Layout] buttons are 'fatal' to the current book you might be working on.

As above- Only ever use [Auto Layout] when starting a new Book.

Only ever use [Clear Layout] if you want to 'trash' the current work and reset the Book as at the start.

Resetting the option in the [Book Preferences] should NOT have affected your current book- unless you then clicked on the [Auto Layout] or [Clear Layoout] buttons once again.

And another point- NEVER cick on the top Book Module Menu if you want to re-open a book already created and 'worked on'. ALWAYS re-open from the Saved Book Collection in the Collection panel.

My suggestions for protecting your books are-

1) Be sure to create a Backup Catalog after each editing episode. You can 'Restore' a Book Collection from a Backup Catalog if necessary (after those 'fatal' mistakes!). This method might allow you to restore your book Collection. You do catalog backups - right?

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

2) In the Collection panel you can DUPLICATE a Saved Book Collection that will preserve all your book edits in a 'Copy' of the Book Collection. Do this occassionally to peserve the Book design as at the time you make the copy. No limit to the number of Duplicate Book copies you can make- just delete when you have a few too many 🙂  It is like making backups of image files or word documents.

! BEST PAGE-How to Make a Photo Book

BOOK MAKING

BOOKS Reuse Your Design

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob,

Thanks for the very informative response. Matter of fact, it was the most informative narrative I've ever read/seen on the subject of making books in the book module.

As luck would have it, I failed to back up the very last iteration of my work and then when I was investigating book preferences I clicked on something that totally hosed my what little I could recover.

I'm going through your last email and will read the links you sent.

In the meantime, looks like it's back to square one for me and having relearned the bitter lesson of not backing up.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines