• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC Camera standard v2 profile for Canon R5 not recognized in Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing photos from my Canon R5 in Lightroom Classic (on an iMac) I generally I prefer using the camera matching profile "Camera Standard v2" as the starting point. Importantly for my question, it is not possible for me to choose "Camera Standard" in LcR, but only "Camera Standard v2".

When I sync these photos with Lightroom Mobile and try to open them in the app, there is a message "Missing profile". The app appears not to recognize the "Camera Standard v2" profile. In the app it is possible to apply a "new" camera matching profile and it shows "Camera Standard" as an option, but not "Camera Standard v2". After apply this Camera Standard profile, this profile is then also synced with LcR and also in LcR it then shows "Camera Standard" and no longer "Camera Standard v2".

Is there anything I could do to change "Camera Standard v2" to just "Camera Standard" in LrC (or am I supposed to only have "Camera Standard v2 in LrC)?

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone has a suggestion for how to resolve this problem!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I supect the reason for the mismatch between LrC and LrM is that Adobe never released a 'Camera Standard V2' profile for the R5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! This confirms that something must have gone wrong when I updated LrC for the new camera matching profiles for the Canon R5. My guess is that the system created the V2 suffix because there (possibly) already was a profile named "standard" or "camera standard". I don't know but would love to get rid of that suffix.

Do you have any idea how I could get rid of the "Camera Standard V2" profile and replace it with the normal "Camera Standard" profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You can filter by Canon.

There is the support of "camera matching profiles" but the exact naming isn't shown.

If it shows Camera Standard but not Camera Standard V2, that's fine.

Or are you saying you see V2 in one app, not the other?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I was indeed seeing V2 in one app (LrC), but not the other (LrM). However, I've now found out the cause. Under Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Imported (on my iMac) I found two files: a file named Camera Standard.dcp and a file named 5dstd.dcp. After removing the latter, the problem disappeared. In LrC it now shows "Camera Standard" and no longer "Camera Standard v2".

I'm not sure how I ended up with the two files, but the important thing is that the issue is now resolved. When I open the photos in LrM the app recognizes the camera profile and there is no longer the "profile missing" warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines