• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC edits keep disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH - In Lightroom Classic 13.4 my lightroom edits are disappearing.  I made edits to photos and then synced over the edits to other photos (several in the same series) and they are randomly disappearing.

I uninstalled LrC and reinstalled.  Same issue.  I am beyond frustrated as I have 2,000 photos it is happening too.

the software is completely unusable

Any edits made disappear.

I can go back in history and get my edit but it doesn't "stick" and I CANNOT keep doing this to get the software to work.

Lrc - 13.4

Mac OS 14.5 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Thank you for your help on this.  

I think I have 'fixed' the issue.   I synced my folders again.  This seems to have worked - however I am in the early days of testing. Just wanted to post in case it helps someone else.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting the preferences? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

And please do not double post (I merged your two posts).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reset the preferences - although did do that when I reinstalled - to no avail - it is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH - In Lightroom Classic 13.4 my lightroom edits are disappearing.  I made edits to photos and then synced over the edits to other photos (several in the same series) and they are randomly disappearing.

I uninstalled LrC and reinstalled.  Same issue.  I am beyond frustrated as I 2,000 photos it is happening too.

the software is completely unusable

Any edits made disappear.

I can go back in history and get my edit but it doesn't "stick" and I CANNOT keep doing this to get the software to work.

Lrc - 13.4

Mac OS 14.5 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem new to this forum. Are you also 'new' to Lightroom Classic?

Where are your edits "disappearing"?  Is it from the image previews in the Lr-Classic library views, or from the photos that you view in Mac Finder (or other apps)?

And did a Preferences Reset have any effect?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not new to LrC - I have been using it for 15 years.  I have never had any major issues until the last release.

My edits are disappearing right in front of my eyes in LrC.

I did a prederence reset - but the issue is still happening.

My issue:

in LrC (the only App I am using in this specific example)

I am in my folder for the shoot.  I edit a raw file  in the Develop module (basic, tone Curve, color mixer, details, masks) for one photo and then sync settings for several - maybe 10 -20 - Surfer shots so I want the same look across.  The changes take place and I keep working on the next set of photos.  

I go back to view them still in Develop - to give them a quick view - I can see if the film strip all the photos changing back to the original raw file look (my edits are undoing themselves).  I go into Library and view them in Grid - and I can see them all switching back one at a time - to the original raw view.  

I can go into a random photo and look at the history - and can cycle through the history - to get back to the version I want.  However - this is not a solution when i have 2000 photos.  I actually just want the software to work.

I wonder if there is some issue with the sync settings "tool".  For some of these I sync settings twice if I make a change. they still don't take.

any insights?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly a weird , and very annoying, problem. I have no answer, sorry.

I tried a few attempts in LrC  but could not produce what you are seeing.

Do the edits 'stick' if you use the [Copy] and [Paste] options?

If your develop steps are recorded in History for each image- is the last History step a 'Reset'?

I hope you can get an answer that solves your problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help on this.  

I think I have 'fixed' the issue.   I synced my folders again.  This seems to have worked - however I am in the early days of testing. Just wanted to post in case it helps someone else.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am havng a similar issue, however syncing the folders isn't brining back my edits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dworster   'Syncing Folders' and 'syncing develop edits' across multiple photos are two entirely different things.

Can you be more specific about your experience, your problem may not be the same as the OP. And screen-clips will often help.

Synchronizing Folders can have unwanted effects if the folder and photos in the LrC catalog appeared as 'Missing'. A Folder Synchronization WILL delete all edit history for the photos in the folder.

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines