Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching white backgrounds across multiple images

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm looking for advice in matching the color, tone, and density of white backgrounds across a set of images. I have over 1000 images of reddish gloves on white backgrounds. They were all photographed in manual mode, same white balance, identical lighting and exposure, but there is still some variation in tone/color on the white backgrounds. They're extremely close, but I want the backgrounds matched exactly. They're not 100 percent white--I do want some tone and texture in the backgrounds. I'm looking for a quick and efficient way to match the backgrounds so they're all exactly the same. I've attached two of the images here for reference. Anyone have some advice?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the white balance tool. Click on the background with the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you need to be careful where you position the eyedropper. There's quite a bit of red reflection near the gloves, and I can imagine this is the biggest variable here. Near one of the corners is best.

You really need some sort of grid to put the eyedropper in exactly the same position. The variance in the background is such that a few pixels off will yield a bigger difference than you already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To help position the eyedropper at the same position in each frame, try the Loupe Overlay feature (View > Loupe Overlay submenu). After you choose View > Loupe Overlay > Show, a grid appears with crosshair guides. To edit it, hold down the Command key (or Ctrl key in Windows), and some settings will temporarily show at the top as long as you keep the key held down. You can change the grid values by dragging the numbers at the top, but for the question we’re talking about here, what you probably want to do is drag the crosshairs and drop them at the position where you want to consistently click the white balance eyedropper. After setting it up, as you go from image to image just click the eyedropper at the crosshairs.

Lightroom-Classic-Loupe-Overlay-grid-guides.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines