• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate from Photoshop Elements to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This support page says that you can Migrate from PHotoshop ELements to Lightroom. 

Migrate your photos from Photoshop Elements to Lightroom (adobe.com)

It specifically refers to the File> MIgrate From option (rather than the 'Import From' function in Lightroom Classic) but when I try to follow the instructions I dont get an option to MIgrate From Photoshop Elements.

Am I missing something? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.
The Document you've posted the link to is for Lightroom Desktop - not Lightroom Classic.  
Try this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-photos-various-sources.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, but I know that, I have Lightroom installed on my Desktop, but despite the advice in the support page, there is no option to File>MIgrate From> Photoshop Elements - which is why I was aking if I was missing something.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you mean you want to "migrate" Photoshop Elements to Lightroom-CLASSIC.?  (And NOT Lightroom-Desktop - Cloud version).

I would assume if it is PSE > LrC, then a "migration" is not needed. You might only need to Write metadata to files in PSE organizer, then IMPORT the files into LrC using the [ADD] option. The [ADD] option will leave the files in folders exactly where they are stored, and metadata will be read into a Lightroom-Classic catalog with the import.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding. I want to migrate from PSE 2021 to Lightroom Desktop (2024) in Windows 11.

The support article opens with a paragraph that says "Learn how to easily migrate your catalog from Photoshop Elements 2019 or later to Lightroom desktop". But 'File>Migrate From' does not give me an option to migrate from PSE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines