Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Miniature in Lightroom Book doesn't show my images

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm about to create a book in Lightroom C on my Mac Studio M1 64 gb. In the book view I have selected Multi page view. The first 45 pages are shown correct in this view, but then there are blank pages, which only shows the photos when I click on them. If I scroll down the blank pages return. All the frames are shown if I hoover over them, but it's very frustrating to work with.
What can I do to improve this situation, I want to be able to see all the miniatures!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the thumbnails do eventually appear then perhaps the Previews cache is having problems loading the "minatures". Re-building the Previews data may be of help. PREVIEW CACHE ERRORS 

Also there is another similar Forum thread where the book would not display beyond page 39, and (at last post) Importing the Catalog to a new catalog may have solved that problem-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/book-module-pages-40-to-61-of-my-book-d...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Sorry I didn't answer before. I tried what you suggested and finally the previews worked as expected. I think the Book section in Lightroom could use a brush up, don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will defend the Book Module here as I have never had any problems using Book Module. (~20 Blurb books)

If we accept that it is designed for 'Photo' books, and know its limitations, then I think it works well, and I like the convenience of working totally within LrC. I believe that Adobe added the Book module as a 'selling feature' (in Version 4 IIRC) but for 'serious' book makers Adobe would probably like us to use something like  Adobe In Design.

The Book Module has quite a few hidden gems that, if found, make it more pleasurable to use.

@Stig Christensen  If it was a Previews refresh that solved your problem then it wasn't the Book module itself with the problem, but more with your Catalog data.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines