• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Files without an Exclamation Mark

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had issues where when Syncing a Folder the message comes up that LR Classic has found several files missing. When asked to Show Missing Files the files do not have an exclamation mark and are present in the corresponding folder on my HD. That is, they are not missing. I have not got around to deleting my Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata file yet. I have rebuild my Catalogue. Any other ideas?

Willy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you have smart previews for these files. If you do have smart previews, then Lightroom will not show exclamation points.

By the way: you talk about ‘syncing a folder’. If you mean the ‘Synchronize Folder’ menu, then that has nothing to do with online sync and/or the sync.lrdata file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willy

Could you recreate this and post a screen shot of the error msg mentioned above?

or post the exact text in that message . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a long-standing bug that Adobe has declined to fix: Lightroom: Synchronize Folder shows spurious number of missing files | Photoshop Family Customer Com... . Please click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner of the bug report. That will make it a little more likely Adobe might prioritize a fix before the next ice age.

Meanwhile, ignore what Synchronize Folder says and use Library > Find All Missing instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines