• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move from Develop Module to Book Module. Any shortest way?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Develop Module watching the layout of my just created Book. When I find a photo that needs to be adjusted, hit D to move to the develop module, correct the photo, and then... how do I get back tho the same layout in the Develop module that in was watching? Any shortcut? I find that by now I have to move to Grid (hit G), select my book's collection,press on the arrow icon and I'm back. Any shortest path? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I get back tho the same layout in the Develop module that in was watching? Any shortcut?

By @emr.fotografia

I assume that you mean "how do I get back to the same layout in the Book module".

The keyboard shortcut for the Book module is Ctrl + Alt + 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your assumption is right.
It doesn’t work in may system. Only CRL ALT 1, 2 or 3 works (grid, develop,
map).
It doesn’t work for Book module. Just when I move the mouse and in the menu
select Book Module, takes me to the desired layout. I knew the shortcut but
it doesn’t work. That why I asked another one, or ask Adobe why it doesn’t
work for me.

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In Develop Module watching the layout of my just created Book." How is that possible? Do you mean watching in the "Book Module"?

When designing the Book pages (in the Book Module Layout screen)-  [D] will open one selected image in the Develop module,  [CTRL+ALT+4] will take me back to the Layout screen.

@emr.fotografia   Does it not happen for you that way?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Exactly. In the Book Module [D] takes me to Develó Module. CTRL+ALT+4, doesn't work to take me back to the book Module. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the problem seems unique to your system, it is hard to suggest an answer.

Have you tried another keyboard?

Have you tried resetting the Preferences? PREFERENCES RESET 

Are there any other apps that might be influencing Keyboard shortcuts?

Try another shortcut-

[CTRL + ALT + UP ARROW]  - Takes you to the 'Previous' module.  It requires you to use both Book Module and Develop module- after which the shortcut becomes a 'Toggle' that swaps between the two used modules.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It starts working. But after some change of modules it stops working: neither  CRL ALT+4 nor [CTRL + ALT + UP ARROW] goes. I will try to document the issue. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Go Back button (shown below), or the equivalent menu command and keyboard shortcut (Window > Go Back)? It works like the Back button in a web browser. In Lightroom Classic, it returns you to the previous view. When I try it with an image opened in Develop from the Book module, Go Back does bring me back to the book.

Lightroom-Classic-Go-Back.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will give it a try and will tel.. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines