• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom from Windows 7 pc to Windows 10 pc.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm updating my pc and now have the glorious task of moving everything over to the new pc. My old pc is Windows 7 and I’m moving to Windows 10. What is the best way to do this without causing a nightmare? On my old pc almost all of my pictures are stored in D pictures and external HDs. The externals shouldn’t be a problem.

‘Thank you in advance,,

Gerald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

In particular, pay attention and follow the warning in Section 6

You might find that there are question marks all over the folders or there are icons in the corners of the thumbnails—question marks in LR4, or rectangles with or without exclamation marks in LR5 and later. Those warnings appear if the original photos can no longer be found at the previous known location. STOP!  Don’t be tempted to remove the missing photos and re-import, or try to synchronize a folder, and don’t try to relocate individual files by clicking on a thumbnail icon, as you’ll create a bigger job.

DO NOT IMPORT PHOTOS! This is 100% wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines