• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving LR catalog to external hard drive

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new and in the process of learning LR.  Currently all my photos are stored and developed in my laptop, however it is getting too much for its hard drive.  I am thinkinng of moving the entire LR catalog to an external harddrive.  Would someone please give me some advice how to do this safely and also how to point the LR to its new location when I open it from the icon.

Thanks much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

I am happy to report that the project was completed successfully. Thanks to everyone's advice. This is what I have done:

Imported some new photos, directing them to be stored in a subfolder created in the new external hard drive G:. This folder, namely "My LR Photos", is intended to store all my photos in LR from now on. I figured this will force the G: drive to appear on the folder panel of my LR. It did.

Next, within the LR on the folder panel, I moved each photo subfolder from C: drive to the n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I got a similar problem.

I have LR CC installed on 2 PC (Desktop & Laptop) and would like to work from the same catalog - currently located on the laptop. How can I do it? I have a WD My Cloud driver in the network. Would it work if I relocate the catalog there ?

Best Regards

Patrik

PS: I am also beginning in the adobe world 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2016 and the solution proposed here is silly and convoluted. Why is this step necessary:

Imported some new photos, directing them to be stored in a subfolder created in the new external hard drive G:. This folder, namely "My LR Photos", is intended to store all my photos in LR from now on. I figured this will force the G: drive to appear on the folder panel of my LR. It did.

LR should just be able to see the newly formatted and blank HD and list it as an option. I can see it on my desktop so it is visible to the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines