• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Local Storage Tab LR 10.3 Win 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe I should see in preferences so thing like Account, Local, Storage, General as tabs in preferences. 
but I actually see something different. Starts with General, and then several other tabs.

But no Local Storage.

how can this be?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Local Storage is a tab in the preferences for "Adobe Lightroom" - which is a cloud centric application using an online database for storing your edits, whereby the primary storage location for image files is also online. That means these online image files can be directly shared between LR Mobile, the web version of Lightroom and the locally installed Lightroom application if you want to use that. That local Lr app also refers primarly to these online files and edits database, while caching local copies of some data as you dictate, for best performance. Hence the need for these settings.

It sounds as if you have instead installed "Adobe Lightroom Classic". Nothing wrong with either, these are just two radically different options in how they work and what advantages / disadvantages go with that.

LrC is what this particular forum is about.

LrC is a local-centric application employing a local database, whereby the primary storage location for image files is chosen from drive volumes that are accessible directly to the local computer. So since the whole thing is about local storage anyway, there is no separate tab for that in the LrC preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thoroughly confused.  I am using Lightroom Classic.  I have been successfully using an external drive to store the images, and that drive crashed.  I have recovered the images onto a replacement drive, but, while my catalog is fully intact (it was stored on GoogleDrive), I can no longer pull up the image itself in Lightroom.  I can recover the directory loications one-by-one, but there should be a way to redefine the parent directory for all the photos.  From your answer above, I  see no  "Local Storage Tab", but there must be someway to tell Lightroom the default location for all my images rather than recover them one-by-one.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines