Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Canon RAW (CR2) Image Files in Lightroom on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently purchased a Canon 5D mark IV. I uploaded some RAW images today to my computer for the first time and was a bit bewildered when Lightroom could not open the files. A quick google search informs me that it's something to do with the codec for images on Windows or something (I don't quite understand it all).

My question is: Is there any way that I can open my RAW image files in Lightroom?? If not this is a disaster for me as a photographer!

Help very much appreciated, thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

What version of LR are you using.

Look here for the version of LR you need to support that camera.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR are you using.

Look here for the version of LR you need to support that camera.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! All I needed to do was update Lightroom... Seems stupidly simple... Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, except that I am using LR 6.0, with all updates, and the problem still isn't solved.  I *can* get RAW images from my old Canon Rebel T2, but not from my newer Canon EOS 80D - although both are on the list of cameras supposedly supported by LR.  Any assistance appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT what camera are supported BY LR Classic, 6, 5, 4. But What cameras are Supported By each version of LR.

Your 80D is listed as being Support by LR 6.5 (that is LR 6 DOT 5 and above).You say you are Up to Date. I doubt that. Open LR, go to the help menu item and select System Info Post the Exact version of LR 6 that is listed.

The Full LR 6.14, which the last and most up to date version of LR 6, is avaulable for download from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh!

I had been clicking 'update' from within LR and getting the answer "You have the most updated version available", but on closer inspection was only using LR 6.3.  Did the auto-update feature get disabled when they went to the online version?  Unknown to me...

In any case updating with the link you provided appears to have done the trick.  Thank you very much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the subscription system went live and using the CC DTA to install apps and updates, and especially now that there are no more prepetual licensed Pro programs, Yes the "Check For Update" links in the help menus of programs does noting except lie to the user that they have the most current update.

Now that you have download LR 6.14 from the link about Back that up, Make a Copy of it on some type of removeable media, thumb drive or the like, and save it for future use. That download is the Complete Program with all the updates from LR 6.0 through 6.14 (all in one program and install routine).

You never know when Adobe will stop allowing it to be downloaded without jumping through some hoops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For people who still need to update 6.0 for CR2 support and stumble across this article, the place to download 6.14 until Dec. 31, 2023 is now:
End of Support | Lightroom 6 Downloads and Syncing (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines