• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizing Imported Presets

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a pack of presets today, and was somewhat dismayed to find that when I installed them, they showed up under my User Presets. I had always thought that User Presets were for presets that I came up with myself. Previous preset packs from companies I've purchased were put in their own categories. Bottom line, is there any way to essentially organize/categorize presets and move them around? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, organize them in the Presets panel. You can drag them from Group to Group.

For your 'new' presets (in the User group) you can first create a new Group by creating a new Preset (anything at all) and adding a new group in the "Group" dropdown dialog-  then move/drag the new presets to the newly created group.

Rob_Cullen_0-1701207929299.png

All organizing of Develop presets needs to be done in the Presets panel of LrC (not Folders on the hard drive) because the Group location of Presets is encoded within the Preset XML files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful -- thank you! In fact, it seems to completely solve the problem, but there is one thing that would make it even better. The product I purchased today contains 75 presets! That's a lot of dragging to do just to keep things organized. So, my next question is, is there any way in Lightroom to select multiple presets at once. I already tried holding down Ctrl as in Windows, but no luck. So, any way to drag/move presets in bulk, essentially? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, is there a way to accomplish this during the preset import itself? That is, when importing a set of presets, is there a way to direct them to a group that I've created?

I'm just looking for a way not to have to do this manually!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not a big 'user' of your own develop Presets (ie. you have not created many yourself) you can try this-

Just rename the 'User' Presets group with another name (eg. A name for the purchased presets) and all the presets in the User group will be automaticaly recoded in this new Group name.  After this- Every time you create new Presets they go into a newly created 'User Presets' group (if there is not one present).

Or your could try the Plugin provided by John Ellis that can group presets in a way that mirrors the folder location of the XMP preset files-

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. I will say, though, that I think this is something that Adobe could improve upon to eliminate the need for workarounds like this, especially for software in which organization plays such an important role. Selecting multiple entities like I'm describing here isn't usually an issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Preset Provider should have addressed this. They have the ability to group their presets if they choose to. Did you query them?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines