• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outsource catalog looks different

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing in Lightroom and using profiles. I export my catalog to send to my editor and when they open the catalog, the profile is no longer applied to my photos. What they are viewing on my anchor photos is just the tweaks that I have made. So when they try and edit for me, it is incorrect because the photos look completely different on their computer in the catalog and then they do on my computer.  Why would this be happeneing?? We have uninstalled, reinstalled lightroom. Nothing is working. 
If they send the catalog back - I can then apply my profile on top of their edits,  so I know the profile isn't transferring over in the catalog even though when I export it before sending, it's there. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What profiles? If non standard, did you send a copy of each to your editor?

The Catalog editing and the images, including an exported Catalog or an image saved to DNG "as original" with embedded edits - all of these refer to (and can share) an externally held, separate profile, by name. This may be an Adobe supplied profile or a user added profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its the Archetype profile. They have the profile on their computer. 
This happened to 2 different editors with my catalog so we could rule out that it was something happening on my end - not theirs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you apply a custom profile, then you must supply them with that profile and tell them how to install it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the profile on their computer! I sent it to them. Its not custom, jsut one purchased online and then I make tweaks to the individual photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, then the easy solution is to tell them to apply the profile, even though that should not be necessary. Did you move the profile into a different group on your computer, perhaps? I am not sure if that will break the link to the profile on their computer(s), but I could imagine that it does.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines