• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Over-saturated exports

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Benq SW2700 monitor and I already had a Spyder 5 calibrator. All seemed good, prints are matching the screen. However I’ve noticed that all my tiff Adobergb 1998 exports from LR classic are over saturated when viewed in Bridge.

Is this to be expected? I am running PME on the monitor.

Thanks Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any system or Lightroom update since you noticed the change Chris?

What about the External Editing settings in the Lightroom Preferences window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge doesn't display the file itself, it displays sRGB jpeg previews, built separately and stored in the Bridge cache.

When sRGB displays oversaturated on a wide gamut monitor, it's because color management isn't working. Try to purge the cache and let it rebuild (or delete the whole cache folder in your user account).

Adobe RGB shouldn't be oversaturated on wide gamut displays, even without color management. Just sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, if PME is the BenQ calibration software, it's well known to be buggy and unreliable. Make sure it's updated. If the profile is broken, anything can happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check if the Monitor Profile is off by changing it to sRGB...  if files look the same with sRGB then the profile was corrupt or off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...or Adobe RGB in this case. It's a wide gamut unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines