• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Does the deprecation of Synced Creative Cloud Files on Feb 1, 2024 affect Lightroom Syncs?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Lightroom Classic files still be synced across devices after 1 February 2024? Thank you.

Jeff

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

No, this has nothing to do with syncing in Lightroom. It concerns something completely different, namely the Dropbox-like folder called 'Creative Cloud Files' that is in your Mac's home folder. Items placed in that folder would sync to the cloud and to the same folder on another computer in your subscription, but this stops soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Files synced via Lightroom are not affected.

The letter you received refers to Creative Cloud Synced Files - not Lightroom Synced Files - they are two different things. 

To see these files you can look at your "Creative Cloud Files" folder on your local drive or go to: https://assets.adobe.com/files

For more information:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you or users cannot understand the quote I posted above from the page in the link you posted as it clearly states Adobe continue to offer Lightroom Cloud Storage.

Perhaps it is the email notification that is not clear, can you clarify?? I don't recall the email now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The statement that reads "Files synced via Lightroom are not affected." is perfectly clear.
The page: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html is absolutely confusing to a Lightroom user who has not used Adobe's Cloud services other than importing photos into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the discontinuation of Creative Cloud synced files on February 1, 2024 affect the All Synced Photographs in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this has nothing to do with syncing in Lightroom. It concerns something completely different, namely the Dropbox-like folder called 'Creative Cloud Files' that is in your Mac's home folder. Items placed in that folder would sync to the cloud and to the same folder on another computer in your subscription, but this stops soon.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan. From the reading I did, that was my sense too, but I have a boatload of photos syncing in Lightroom so better safe than sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can sync photos from LRC on my computer and see them in LRC on my ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can sync photos from LRC on my computer and see them in LRC on my ipad?

By @default6caxb7t7p96x

Like I said, this discontinuation has nothing to do with Lightroom sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe would be best served to put out a public statement that changes on Feb 1st will not impact Lightroom users with their synced photos. I am recieving dozens of requests for clarification as there is no mention of Lightreoom on this notice page: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think a clarification from Adobe would be nice.  But don't hold your breath.  I now understand that syncing to lightroom.adobe.com will not be affected.  I trust that is correct and I have no need to pursue this any furthern.  I do appreciate all the responses I got and I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.  I think we can quit talking about this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recieving dozens of requests for clarification as there is no mention of Lightreoom on this notice page: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

By @markgaler

Actually, the page at that link does currently say:

Adobe continues to offer and support cloud storage and syncing across Creative Cloud with Cloud Documents, Creative Cloud Libraries, Lightroom Cloud storage, and Frame.io cloud storage. None of these cloud storage solutions are impacted by this change.

I have posted how confusing this has been, including earlier in this same thread. Adobe may have gotten the message about the public confusion being created, because their more recent communications have been edited to position synced Creative Cloud Files in context with the other Adobe cloud services. I received another email reminder from Adobe a few days ago about this discontinuation, and it too was better and more specific about distinguishing this from the other Adobe cloud services such as Lightroom cloud photos, using similar updated wording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really confused. Up until now, I haven't needed more than the 20gig of CC storage included in my plan. Now that I am using LR more, I have exceeded this amount. I am not seeing what my alternatives would be since they have announced that they are no longer going to be having a cloud storage option? CC is not making it clear how to use a different service like Mac Cloud Storage or Dropbox, etc. Any ideas?  Frustrated.  Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it can be confusing with the diversity and spread of Adobes markets and products.

However Clous storage used by Lightroom is not affected by the termination of Creative Cloud storage. Creative Cloud storage is used by apps such as Photoshop and Illustrator as file exchane options. 

Lightroom cloud storage is a different entity and is unaffected.

If you 20GB is now too small I suggest look at other options in the subscription service: 

https://www.adobe.com/nz/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html - change location to your area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Geoff!  Fixed it!!  yes, i have no idea why I couldn't find that option on my own.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to rely on Synced Files when exporting edits from Lightroom CC.  I would export a set of photographs to a folder in the Creative Cloud Files folder, and all of my workstations which were logged into Creative Cloud could access these files. 

With Synced Files being discontinued, what is the alternative for sharing completed photographs across multiple computers, and sharing folders with people?  

Am I able to some how use the Creative Cloud Desktop "Files" folder as the new place to export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible that (these are my words, not Adobe) they might have decided to get out of synced files because everybody else was already doing it, and some were doing it better*. That is part of the answer: If possible, use another service that does the same thing, and most people already have one or often two of the following accounts. These include:

Google Drive (not Google Photos, that’s different)

Apple iCloud Drive (not iCloud Photos, that’s different)

Microsoft OneDrive

Dropbox

Do the same thing you would have done in Creative Cloud Files: Export to the local synced contents folder of those similar services, and pick up the files on another workstation signed into the same service. I think all of those services offer link sharing, so that you can let other people use a synced file or folder.

This works fine for workstations where you are usually also signed in into accounts other than Creative Cloud. But, of course, this works less well for those who sign in with Creative Cloud for short periods on other workstations, because now they have to remember to also sign into a second service (e.g., their Google account), and enable that service’s file syncing. But, that’s the situation now.

*The reason I say “some do it better” is that some of those comparable services offered options like keeping only placeholders locally, while keeping originals in the cloud, to save local storage space.

Am I able to some how use the Creative Cloud Desktop "Files" folder as the new place to export?

By @whiten44

Not like before, because although the folder won’t be deleted and you can do whatever you want with its locally available contents, the discontinuation of the service means Adobe will no longer sync files in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines