• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Mac) Camera Raw Mismatch being reported from LrC 11.4.1

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Lightroom Classic to 14.4.1.  Tried to send a raw file fr LRC to Photoshop 23.4.1 and got a popup window saying I should install Camera Raw 14.4.1.  I opened up Creative Cloud and checked that I have the latest Camera Raw 14.4 installed and there's no 14.4.1 update.  So is this a new bug?

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 4.58.36 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

With the August releases of Camera Raw and the Lightroom Desktop/Classic, this should no longer be an issue. Update these applications as soon as they are available in your Creative Cloud App.

This is actually an LrC bug.  Classic should be recognizing (Mac) CR 14.4 as compatible with (Mac) LrC 11.4.1. It isn't so we've logged a bug against LrC for future instances where there is an X.y.z vs X.y mismatch. 

Workarounds:

For now, the error message appearing is a mistake. Until the LrC bug is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that update. As someone who's constantly going between LR and Photoshop, it's a pain.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of this, a fix is coming soon, again in the meantime, just let LR render the image for Photoshop. There will be no difference in doing it this way. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed the latest versions of Photoshop, LRC and for certain reasons Photoshop Elements on my Mac.  Each software now ses a different version of Camera RAW, which by the way means that it is installed 3 times on my Mac :-(. Elements uses 14.1.0.993, PS uses 14.4.0.1121 and LRC 14.4.1. When exporting a file from LRC to PS LRC asks me to update CR in PS. I downloaded the newest version from the Adobe homepage and thought that would be 14.4.1. But it was the version used by Photoshop.  After installing the downloaded version I still have the situation that I have 3 CR versions on my Mac.  Any idea how I can update CR in all applications so that they use the same version of CR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about Elements (sorry, don't use it) but otherwise, Photoshop, Bridge, and LR would only 'require' one version that they would host. LR doesn't even 'need' ACR except when you use the Edit in Photoshop command which hands off the raw and instructions (edits) to ACR to render into Photoshop. This is why this 'bug' is under discussion (LR and ACR are not on parity). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same problem and still is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quisiera por que me sale siempre que paso una foto de LR a PS un cartel de Pluging de Camera RAW? y como lo puedo solucionar ?
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-12 a las 16.34.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Porque los cabrones Adobe no quiere molestarse con una nueva versión
para corregir un mensaje desconcertante
- Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Porque Adobe no quiere molestarse con una nueva versión para corregir un mensaje desconcertante.

Siga con "Abrir de todas maneras". No habrá problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines