• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Missing Profiles can cause presets not to appear in the UI

May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having hard time trying to install this presets... I use lightroom from many years but I can not get around this problem. I've tried everything:
-checked and unchecked Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets (final state: checked)

-checked and unchecked Store preset with catalog (final state: unchecked)

-reset prefs

-delete prefs

-reinstall Lightroom Classic from CC

-check visibility on +>manage presets...

-tried to delete the folder of Settings and add then again

Here's the LINK to PRESET maybe you can help me.

Adobe Lightroom Classic v10.2 Camera Raw 13.2

Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

I imported all the .xmp files in the Presets subfolder you posted, and they appeared in my presets panel as expected:

johnrellis_0-1592431303092.png

The message "Unable to import Presets : All items were already imported" indicates that perhaps you didn't properly unhide all the preset groups.  Click the + button in the upper-right corner, then Manage Presets, then make sure every group is checked.

[Use

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Most likely the Kodak Portra 400 .xmp preset has the Treatment & Profile option checked, and the preset refers to a Kodak Portra 400 .dcp camera profile (or perhaps a .xmp creative profile) that also needs to be imported. When the camera or creative profile is missing, LR will let you import the referring Develop preset but then not show the preset (one of numerous rough edges in the "new" LR preset design that Adobe hasn't cared to fix).  

See this post for how you can confirm that's what's h

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

When I do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and select the downloaded Silky.zip, I see three presets:

johnrellis_0-1620922926275.png

Three .xmp files in the .zip didn't get imported: The Warm Up.xmp, The Cool Down.xmp, Silky.xmp. That's because these three had the Treatment & Profile box checked when they were created, and they refer to a creative profile named "Stache". If you edit the .xmp files i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

It's a bug that LR doesn't give you a warning when this happens -- it's wasting a lot of users' time. I finally submitted a bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-presets-silently-omitted-when-they-refer-to-nonexistent-creative-profiles/609d5f6ee077c600a4628cfd 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioriti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!
Having the same issue, I use Colour Passport Checker V2 to create the Profile, export file, re-start LR, and no-show.  Tried importing the profile, seems to import, restart LR does not show of profile, then try importing to be given a message that it's already installed. Working on a Windows setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines