• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Generative Remove (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products.
Post Camera Raw feedback here

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look at Generative Remove, which makes it easier to remove unwanted objects and distractions, even on complex backgrounds, with a simple brush stroke. Generative Remove is powered by Firefly AI.

How to use Generative Remove on a desktop:

• You can find Generative Remove under the newly renamed Remove panel (aka “Heal”).
  • Make sure the “generative AI” checkbox is enabled before you start brushing (note: when unchecked, Lightroom will use Content-Aware Remove to fill your brushed spots). 
  • By default, you will be given a moment to refine your selection with an add or subtract brush. Remember to include shadows for a more accurate result! You can also skip this step by holding down ‘CTRL’ on windows or ‘CMD’ on mac as you finish your brush stroke. 
  • Once you’re ready to apply and have accepted the terms, Generative Remove will use Firefly AI to remove your distractions and intelligently fill in the space that’s left by the removed objects. 
  • Note: stable internet connection is required to use this feature.
  • Generative Remove also lets you choose from multiple variations, so you can pick the one you like best, giving you full creative control. 

Checkout the FAQ and Best Practices

Please give it a try and share feedback and/or report variations in this community forum. It would greatly help to include details like which app you are using (i.e., Lightroom Classic or Camera Raw) and other system details. Our team will continually monitor this thread to track issues to improve the future experience.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager
Posted by: Rikk Flohr 

Update:
Here are some tips if you are having issues with the feature replacing your object instead of removing it. 
  • Enlarge your selection - if your brush stroke is too tight, you will have unexpected results.
  • Remember that removing an object means painting over it, its shadow, its reflection, and any non-contiguous pieces. If you leave behind a shadow, a reflection, or a disconnected piece (e.g., a hand on a shoulder), the AI will attempt to create something to cast the shadow, reflect, or complete the unbrushed discontinuous item. You can avoid these issue by following the guidance provided in this linked tutorial. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/generative-remove-replace
  • The recommended order for applying is: Denoise - Heal (includes Generative AI Remove) - Crop/Edit - AI Selective edits. If you deviate from that you may see the removed object remains as a ghost image. If this occurs you will have to use Update AI Settings, which can be found under the Develop module 'Settings' menu.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1153 Replies 1153
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alourdi énormément l'utilisation de LR et résultat plus que décevant par rapport au meme outils sur PS, voire meme par rapport au remplissage par contenu de PS.
J'ai simplement remarqué que LR freeze depuis l'ajout de la génération par IA meme en ne l'utilisant pas. Je possède pourtant 64Go de Ram dont 20 alloué à LR.... Bref, je préfère utiliser PS pour la génération d'image, ce qui est son but et non le but de LR. Si vous connaissez un moyen de désactiver cette "fonction" sur LR je prend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nathalie lecoq 

Please provide your 'System Info' as it often proves useful when trying to diagnose performance issues. You can obtain the info from the LrC Help > System menu item. Note that there's a 'Copy' button at top right corner of the System Info dialog. You can use this to capture the info, then paste it into your next forum post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version Lightroom Classic: 13.3.1 [ 202405311538-6d7c0308 ]
Licence: Creative Cloud
Paramètre de langue: fr
Système d'exploitation : Windows 11 - Business Edition
Version : 11.0.22631
Architecture de l'application : x64
Architecture du système : x64
Nombre de processeurs logiques: 16
Vitesse du processeur : 4,0Ghz
Version SQLite: 3.36.0
Utilisation du CPU: 0,0%
Source d’alimentation: Branché, 255% 
Mémoire intégrée : 65472,6 Mo
Mémoire GPU dédiée utilisée par Lightroom: 5815,3Mo / 7957,0Mo (73%)
Mémoire réelle disponible pour Lightroom : 65472,6 Mo
Mémoire réelle utilisée par Lightroom : 4827,1 Mo (7,3%)
Mémoire virtuelle utilisée par Lightroom : 14048,5 Mo
Nombre d'objets GDI : 1568
Nombre d'objets utilisateur : 3907
Nombre de processus gérés : 4216
Taille de la mémoire cache : 9,3Mo
Version interne de Camera Raw: 16.3.1 [ 1889 ]
Nombre maximal de liens utilisé par Camera Raw  : 5
Optimisation SIMD de Camera Raw : SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Mémoire virtuelle de Camera Raw: 227Mo / 32736Mo (0%)
Mémoire réelle de Camera Raw: 344Mo / 65472Mo (0%)

Cache1: 
NT- RAM:0,0MB, VRAM:0,0MB, Combined:0,0MB

Cache2: 
m:9,3Mo, n:0,0Mo

U-main: 115,0Mo

Paramètre PPP du système : 96 PPP
Composition sur le Bureau activée: Oui
Taille d’aperçu standard: 2560 pixels
Affichages : 1) 2560x1440, 2) 2560x1440
Types d'entrée: Tactile multipoint : Non, Tactile intégré : Non, Plume intégrée : Oui, Tactile externe : Non, Plume externe : Oui, Clavier : Non

Informations relatives au processeur graphique : 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 (31.0.15.5186)
État initial: GPU pour l'exportation pris en charge par défaut
Préférence utilisateur: GPU pour exportation activé

Dossier de l'application : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Chemin d'accès à la bibliothèque : C:\catalogues lightroom\2024 FAMILLE\2024 FAMILLE-v13-3.lrcat
Dossier des paramètres : C:\Users\highp\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Modules installés : 
1) Adobe Stock
2) Flickr
3) Loupedeck2
4) LR/Mogrify 2
5) Module externe de prise de vue en mode connecté Nikon
6) ProSelect Album Builder
7) Topaz Photo AI

Marqueurs Config.lua: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ci dessus les informations à l'instant T en ayant simplement LR ouvert sur un catalogue lambda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just using the regular eraser & every time I click the brush shrinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug that's been around for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it....a lot. Most of the time I'm shocked by how well it does. The problem for me on lansdscapes is anything right along the edges and also fine objects like lines or power wires near the edge. I also have to remove boat names and IDs. Lighter colored boats seem easy but blacks are more difficult. Before, when there was a bow or stern rope over the side of the boat it usually ran right through the name I was trying to remove. I would have to work removing the name on each side of the rope and still keep the shadow. Now it seems to know what I want to do and does it for me. On tha subject, can you add a "remove reflection" tool? The name or ID of the boat is usually reflected in the water below it. The stiller the water, the more the reflection. A "remove reflection" tool would save more work on my end. Thanx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid issues at image edge and corner, it's best to apply the Generative AI Remove before the image is cropped. The same applies to lens corrections and geometric corrections (i.e. Transforms).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works much better than the Spot tool - thank you! Please allow syncing across similar/like photos. AI should be able to handle that, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature is good; however, it replaces a lot instead of removes. 

Would be nice if the feature was very similair to Photoshop where you tell the generative fill what you're to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2nd time I have tried it and remove doesn't remove, just tried to remove a flower bud from the edge of the photo and been offered two different flower buds.  As far as remove goes it lacks remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChrisDPage: "As far as remove goes it lacks remove."

See this article for how to more reliably remove objects:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/generative-remove-replace/

Most complaints about Remove are addressed in the article. But if it doesn't help, please attach the original photo here (not an export) so we and Adobe can see the issue in detail. If the forum won't let you attach it, upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John, absolutely spot on - had a read of the article, went back to my source full size picture and tried a larger area and good results (first try, annoyingly simple having opened eyes!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, worked great, on a Foto of the Bacilica De la Sagrada Familia , keep up the great work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried removing a person wearing a white robe in one photograph and a white skirt in another.  In both cases, it would not remove the white attire, even if I unchecked object aware.  The resulting robe stayed on the screen and 4 attempts to remove it, still left a piece of white behind.  For the white skirt, it replaces the person with a different person wearing a white outfit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please attach full-resolution JPEGs of the two photos here so we can see the precise issue. Unless Adobe can reproduce the exact issue, they're not likely to pay any attention.

Also, see this article for how to more reliably remove objects:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/generative-remove-replace/

Most complaints about Remove are addressed in the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I did a quickie test with some photos Google found to show that it's likely not the white attire per se that's causing your issues. In the first, I used Object Aware to select the person in the skirt and her shadow, and in the second i refined an Object Aware select to include the shadow at the base of the person in the robe:

johnrellis_0-1718772395872.png johnrellis_1-1718772459360.png

johnrellis_2-1718772529129.png johnrellis_3-1718772560309.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3045.pngL'outil de suppression ne fonctionne pas du tout sur Lightroom mobile. Il laisse un artefact important. J'ai dû effacer l'objet avec Snapseed, ce qui m'a pris une seconde et a fonctionne parfaitement. On exige d'avoir beaucoup mieux sur LR vu le tarif demandé. Je précise que l'opacité de l'outil était bien réglée à 100%. Il n'y a aucun moyen d'effacer correctement un objet actuellement, même avec IA, et surtout lorsque c'est en bord d'image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

@Bazaar

It looks like you applied a Sky mask before doing Remove, which can leave a ghost image of the removed object. For example:

johnrellis_0-1718824367578.png

In LR Classic, you can easily update the Sky mask to get rid of the ghost image, but I don't know how to do that in LR Mobile --perhaps someone else can chime in.

In general, though, if you apply Remove first, than AI masks, you'll avoid such ghosts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bazaar: "There is no way to correctly erase an object currently, even with AI, and especially when it is at the edge of the image."

Putting aside the ghost image caused by the Sky mask, your screenshot shows that not all of the selected object near the edge was removed:

johnrellis_0-1718825282605.png

This occurs when you've cropped the image. Remove looks at all of the pixels of the image, even those that have been cropped, so if your selection doesn't included the cropped-out pixels of an object, then Remove will generate a replacement that tries to match the unselected pixels.   So you have to Remove first, then Crop.  If you have a crop already applied, you have to reset the crop, do the Remove, then apply the crop again.

Note that zooming in the LR Mobile camera when you take a pic will automatically apply a crop. You can tell if a crop has been applied by looking for a dot under the Crop tool:

johnrellis_1-1718825594540.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deben mejorar las mascaras, selecciono lo que quiero borrar (que es algo claro en un fondo liso negro) y no lo borra con totalidad solo borra una parte de todo lo que seleccione, me sigue resultando mejor ir a ps para hacer este tipo de cosas. ya que con la herramienta clonar de lr tampoco  es tan eficiente como la de ps.  dejo foto del antes y el despues. como se ve no ha borrado bien-     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is AI replace going soft on us?  Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding that sometimes the ai replace/remove is not sharp...here's an example. raw cr2 image (in .jpg form because I'm apparntly not likeable enough for Adobe to accept my .cr2 images, it refuses to let me upload them here...), no adjustments, lens corrections, crops, etc. I included a couple of screen shots also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is link to download .cr2 file https://file.io/DToKkB5smAQp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download the .cr2 but after a long wait got this error (multiple times):

johnrellis_0-1718853246038.png

Perhaps use a free account at Dropbox, Onedrive, or Google Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines